Glass protector for Pixel 3XL?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The edges and cutouts appear to be the problem.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
And with reasonable fit around the edges? That Zagg TGP is a bit pricey, but if none of the moderately priced one fit properly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That doesn't bug me that much as long as screen is protected. Been like that on my OG pixel also since day one.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't bug me that much as long as screen is protected. Been like that on my OG pixel also since day one.

Yea, I don't expect perfect but there is a point where imperfect fit becomes unreasonably distracting.

...adding, the tough thing about reading reviews/comments on TGPs is you don't know whether negative comments are because of design flaws or installation error. From my reading here and elsewhere there doesn't seem to be any consensus TGP choice for the Pixels (other than Whitestone, which isn't even out yet).

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am quite happy with the AM glass on the P3XL. You get 3 in a pack. Used one in a hurry as its my mil weekend and dont want any scratches. Still turned out just fine. For the price, WIN !

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I went with zagg at the Verizon store because I bundles 2 cases (50 each) with the screen protector and paid 89.99. All in all I figured a pretty good deal.

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am quite happy with the AM glass on the P3XL. You get 3 in a pack. Used one in a hurry as its my mil weekend and dont want any scratches. Still turned out just fine. For the price, WIN !
Where did you get this one? My daughter is looking at the 3xl and just in case we need to bundle differently.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. i gave up on them with my pixel 2 xl.

Why?

I've used the cheapo verizon film screen protectors for last 4 years or so. Have always been happy with them as they come with 3 and are cheap. I've not been concerned about screen breaking as I don't drop my phone. Doesn't seem like they have them for pixel 3 though.

Last edited:

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the dome today, but cancelled and ordered a 3 pack of film protectors by LK instead. Holes for all the sensors and camera, cheap at 6.99, lifetime warranty. Will meet my needs just fine.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Why?

I've used the cheapo verizon film screen protectors for last 4 years or so. Have always been happy with them as they come with 3 and are cheap. I've not been concerned about screen breaking as I don't drop my phone. Doesn't seem like they have them for pixel 3 though.

Everyone i tried, got tons of dust and other crap under them. Im not talking about the dome, but the $10 amazon ones

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
A lot of them come with dust stickers. Also, if you install in a non-dusty, humid environment, you likely wouldn't have that problem.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Why?

.... I've not been concerned about screen breaking as I don't drop my phone.....

I guess you don't need insurance since you don't get into accidents. And, while I've never met a person who's house has burned down, it's a good idea to have homeowner's insurance!

I haven't dropped my phone in many many years. Last week, though, it fell off the counter in the kitchen and face down on the floor. Cracked the glass screen protector, but all else was fine. If I didn't have a protector (or if I had one of the stupid Google cases that doesn't have a lip on the front) I'd be looking at a few day wait for a replacement plus the deductible.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I guess you don't need insurance since you don't get into accidents. And, while I've never met a person who's house has burned down, it's a good idea to have homeowner's insurance!

I haven't dropped my phone in many many years. Last week, though, it fell off the counter in the kitchen and face down on the floor. Cracked the glass screen protector, but all else was fine. If I didn't have a protector (or if I had one of the stupid Google cases that doesn't have a lip on the front) I'd be looking at a few day wait for a replacement plus the deductible.
Well, replacing a few or several hundred dollar phone is a little different than an asset worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Quite a dramatic comparison.

I'm sure I'll get mine someday, but my last 6 or so phone's going back to 2010 have never cracked or shattered. If I had dropped 25 or 40 dollars on glass protectors (call it 32.5 avg), for all devices and each time the glass broke when there wasn't a serious drop (say twice per device), I'd be in it for few hundred alone. Then add $10 a month for insurance - I'd be in it all for a grand.

Long story short, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, and when the time comes that the screen breaks, I'll still be on the positive side. Although, as someone who takes care of their phone and has never used a case before, I don't see it happening anytime soon. My approach isn't for most people, that's for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish