With a 5 year old at home, my phone can, will and has been dropped, and that’s one of the reasons I went with a glass screen protector. I’ve noticed after the drops, some “cracking” appearing at the top and bottom of my phone. Running my fingernail over the cracks tells me it’s beneath the surface of the screen protector. Without taking it off, does anyone know if this is actual glass cracking (either the whitestone dome or the pixel glass itself) or perhaps some fractures in the glue? I really hope it’s not the Pixel glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Whitestone dome cracking? or is it the Pixel glass?-img_0391.jpg   Whitestone dome cracking? or is it the Pixel glass?-img_0392.jpg  
    02-12-2019 12:16 PM
    It's the DOME - evidently this is not an uncommon thing to happen with their protectors if the curing doesn't take perfectly. I followed the directions to a 't' and have the same style of patterning, though mine is at the bottom on the chin - it first appeared on one side about a week after install, then replicated itself on the other side of the speaker about 3 weeks later.

Nothing new since, and since it's not over the visible display it doesn't bother me in the least. Looks like yours might present an issue being over the visible display - perhaps reach out to Whitestone about it.
    02-12-2019 03:47 PM
    It's the DOME - evidently this is not an uncommon thing to happen with their protectors if the curing doesn't take perfectly. I followed the directions to a 't' and have the same style of patterning, though mine is at the bottom on the chin - it first appeared on one side about a week after install, then replicated itself on the other side of the speaker about 3 weeks later.

Nothing new since, and since it's not over the visible display it doesn't bother me in the least. Looks like yours might present an issue being over the visible display - perhaps reach out to Whitestone about it.

Good call. I just put in a warranty request. looks like it's $5.99 to ship out a replacement. Thanks!
    02-12-2019 03:59 PM
    Also, does Whitestone send out JUST the glass? or will they include additional glue to use with my existing light and tray?
    02-12-2019 04:03 PM
    Also, does Whitestone send out JUST the glass? or will they include additional glue to use with my existing light and tray?
    They probably include glue but I would contact them to make sure
    02-12-2019 09:17 PM