Hey y’all.

With the current discount and the trade-in rates, I felt this was as good a time as any to check out the Pixel 3, so I ordered one a few days ago.

I’m just wondering about the cases. I’m coming from an iPhone 7 Plus, so the generation just before iPhones also got Wireless charging. I was wondering whether a) cases interfere with the Wireless Charging functionality and b) they make it hard to activate the Google Assistant squeeze. I know there’s the official Google-made fabric cases, which look really nice, but I wonder if that cloth is substantial enough to protect my phone from a big drop. So I guess if you have experience using the fabric cases, your input would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
    03-21-2019 05:02 PM
    An Otterbox Defender isn't too thick for wireless charging or the "side squeeze", and rugged enough to take a fall off a desk as if it didn't happen. (I don't use any other cases, after my Note 3 got slammed into a wall, screen-first, and the only problem was keeping my heart from stopping. (Not a mark on the case, the wall, the phone - it's still in an Otterbox, about 3 years later, and still working [if I put a SIM into it and top the battery off].)
    mellonxcollie likes this.
    03-21-2019 05:18 PM
    Oh wow, that’s a bulky case. Which is good, because that means if such a substantial case allows you to use all of the Pixel’s functionality, smaller cases should do so as well. Thanks! It makes searching for a case a bit easier.
    03-21-2019 05:26 PM
    I haven't run into this with any case that I've had, but I'm a minimalist with cases. Don't want any additional bulk. I believe I've seen that wireless charging works up to 5-7mm case thickness.
    mellonxcollie likes this.
    03-22-2019 07:34 AM