I guess there wont be a nexus tablet anymore and Pixel will replace the nexus program for tablets?
    09-30-2015 10:01 AM
    Hard to say what Google's long term strategy is for that but I would prefer it if that becomes the case because it'll mark the very first Android device made directly by Google. But if it is I dearly hope we see a "Pixel mini" version come out. 10" tablets aren't my thing.
    09-30-2015 10:28 AM
    Hard to say what Google's long term strategy is for that but I would prefer it if that becomes the case because it'll mark the very first Android device made directly by Google. But if it is I dearly hope we see a "Pixel mini" version come out. 10" tablets aren't my thing.
    I'd be all over a pixel mini ... do I need one? nope. do I have the extra cash? negative ... would I get one anyway? you bet!!
    09-30-2015 11:20 PM
    I'm curious as to what non-Nexus features we'll see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-30-2015 11:31 PM
    I figure if they keep the Pixel C branding going for a while and offer different sizes, I'll probably make one my next tablet after my current Nexus 9.

J
    10-01-2015 08:50 AM
    I'd be all over a pixel mini ... do I need one? nope. do I have the extra cash? negative ... would I get one anyway? you bet!!
    I'm all over this Pixel C when it comes out. Do I need it? Nope. Do I HAVE the extra money for it? Not really. But I'm getting one anyway!
    atg284 and Randy Allen like this.
    10-01-2015 08:57 AM
    I have a feeling that we're going to see a Pixel phone down the line. I won't be surprised by that at all. Which I think would be pretty solid and complete the line of Computer/Tablet/Phone. They've showed me that they have the ability to make some very premium products in the Pixel line so far.
    Randy Allen likes this.
    10-01-2015 09:00 AM
    I figure if they keep the Pixel C branding going for a while and offer different sizes, I'll probably make one my next tablet after my current Nexus 9.

J
    Agreed ... I'm all over this thing given its pretty much the same price point as the N9 was but actually has a quality look build and a real keyboard it appears as the N9 keyboard is a God awful mess.

I'd love to see Google turn Nexus over to the pixel team, I can only imagine what they'd do to a phone.

atg284 and Wildo6882 like this.
    10-09-2015 07:00 AM
    But wait we hv a Nexus 4,5,6,7 and 9 but not Nexus 8. So maybe a Nexus 8 will end the nexus tablet era

Opinion of a Geek
    10-26-2015 11:38 AM
    Looks like Google is done with 3rd party reference devices. There's rumor of a pixel phone coming out instead of a Nexus.

05-26-2016 07:23 PM
    But wait we hv a Nexus 4,5,6,7 and 9 but not Nexus 8. So maybe a Nexus 8 will end the nexus tablet era

Opinion of a Geek
    I need it already! 7" screen a little too small for my eyes, 9-10" a little too heavy to carry around with me daily. I would LOVE a Nexus or Pixel 8!
    05-27-2016 06:52 PM
    I need it already! 7" screen a little too small for my eyes, 9-10" a little too heavy to carry around with me daily. I would LOVE a Nexus or Pixel 8!
    It's not heavy at all

05-27-2016 11:41 PM
    The Pixel program is very separate from the Nexus program. Nexus phones and tablets are Google bare reference devices, and still provided mainly for developers to build apps that don't rely on services or features that other companies add. I would not be surprised to see a New Nexus tablet later this year.

The Pixel line is meant to showcase unique features that Google doesn't necessarily include in Android or Chromium. The Pixel C was designed to run an instance of the full Chrome browser when docked, much like we saw with some Motorola phones that would launch Firefox in their dock. It was never intended to run ChromeOS like some rumors say. This did not materialize due to issues with the kernel in regards to screen redraw and power management when Chrome was launched, so it never happened. It's unfortunate — I'd have loved to try the "lapdock" approach with better hardware.
    05-28-2016 01:10 AM