Questions (and, hopefully answers) about the Pixel C

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to start a thread for general questions and answers about the Pixel C. As new information comes in, everyone can post it here to share. To begin, I was wondering if anyone can provide the physical dimensions of the Pixel C, without the keyboard?

JHStarner

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
You know what I want answered? Is there a damn Stylus? Surface has one, Galaxy Notes have them, and now even iPad Pro has Pencil. I want, as an OEM item, or even as an add-on (like the keyboard), a damn good stylus. 1024 or 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, angle detection, and palm rejection. Give me that + Google Docs/Office for Android + AIDE + Android for an OS and it would be my dream tablet. Android as a whole has been left in the lurch when it comes to Active Styli. (Bluetooth or otherwise...)

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
You know what I want answered? Is there a damn Stylus? Surface has one, Galaxy Notes have them, and now even iPad Pro has Pencil. I want, as an OEM item, or even as an add-on (like the keyboard), a damn good stylus. 1024 or 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, angle detection, and palm rejection. Give me that + Google Docs/Office for Android + AIDE + Android for an OS and it would be my dream tablet. Android as a whole has been left in the lurch when it comes to Active Styli. (Bluetooth or otherwise...)

I've wondered the same thing since launch day, especially given the active stylus support baked into Marshmallow on the OS level.

Posted via the Android Central App

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

From everything I've read and heard, the Pixel C will not have a stylus. Indeed, it may not even support one.

More "upsetting" from my point of view, the Pixel C will not support an SD card. This is somewhat interesting because just like with stylus support, SD card support is baked into Marshmallow: you can add an SD card to a Marshmallow device in such a way that the additional memory of the SD card looks like additional internal memory.

I am still interested in purchasing a Pixel C and it may be "just" a reference design but it seems a bit weird that Google didn't create a Marshmallow reference design that did not natively support more Marshmallow features. Maybe Google plans to introduce a "Pixel C 2" soon?

[Hopeful but admittedly unlikely]

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My question for owners, how does the Pixel C do as a "laptop" with keyboard attachment?

By that I mean, I use my my laptop on my lap actually. That's especially true while I'm traveling. So the weight balance between tablet and keyboard attachment is important.

Can anyone comment on how the Pixel C handles with the keyboard attachment while on your lap?

Thanks!

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My question for owners, how does the Pixel C do as a "laptop" with keyboard attachment?

Can anyone comment on how the Pixel C handles with the keyboard attachment while on your lap?

Thanks!

It's not very laptop friendly as there is a weight imbalance depending on how large an angle you tilt the screen back. It's also not very natural a hand position due to the size of the keyboard when typing on a lap.

That said, it's easily the best non-full sized keyboard attachment to a tablet out there. The surface isn't a tablet, and the Pixel is a tablet.

I tell anyone who asks me about the Pixel, "if you want a good 10" Android tablet and can tolerate early adopter bugs this is the tablet for you".

Otherwise, I'm not sure why folks want to so badly get a laptop replacement. Sizes for laptops has come down significantly, prices have dropped even more so; if you want a thin well equipped laptop for work go with an HP Elitebook Folio for a higher priced but excellent portable laptop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Randy Allen

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I am curious as to the type of glass on the screen of the Pixel C.

I have even called Google and have been unable to find an answer.

Thanks!! :)

Posted via the Android Central App from my Nexus 6 or Pixel C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34