1. More storage (128GB) and/or SD-card
    2. 4G option
    3. Backlit keyboard
    4. Active stylus

What do you think Pixel C is missing? Any deal-breaker(s)?
    10-30-2015 07:46 PM
    For the price I would've liked to see 64/128GB options instead. I am pleased to hear about the chrome os and Android merger rumor. I think this would be the ideal device for that project.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2015 11:56 PM
    I bought it as a replacement for my ageing Nexus 10 which it does perfectly for the most part.

My main gripe is the keyboard. I would have preferred it be backlit and work more like a dock, having a data and power connections to the tablet, and at least 1 USB C port. I probably would have bought more than one.

I also think it should have included GPS, NFC, a vibration motor for haptic feedback, fingerprint sensor, and an Intel realsense camera.

Oh, and at least something in the way of software designed to show off its abilities.
    12-21-2015 07:52 AM
    I just dropped my Pixel to UPS to go back. What killed me was the lack of software. I was hoping to use the Pixel for work but it was impossibly clumsy. I was hoping for the same thing when I bought my late, lamented Galaxy 10.1 3 years ago. I ended up using it for media consumption only.

It's ironic that the old Galaxy is actually MORE productive than the Pixel because you can split the screen. It's still too clunky to get any real work done.

I ended up with a Surface 3 that is usable right out of the box...with much faster wi-fi. I had one of the Pixels that had some sort of wi-fi bug.

I'm bummed because I wanted to really love the Pixel. It was like dating a model. Beautiful to look at but don't try and have a meaningful conversation.
    12-21-2015 01:12 PM
    I'm reading a few places that the Pixel C supports Power Delivery Profile 2 (12v at 24w). Google should really have included a capable charger with the device.
    12-27-2015 08:29 AM
    I just dropped my Pixel to UPS to go back. What killed me was the lack of software. I was hoping to use the Pixel for work but it was impossibly clumsy. I was hoping for the same thing when I bought my late, lamented Galaxy 10.1 3 years ago. I ended up using it for media consumption only.

It's ironic that the old Galaxy is actually MORE productive than the Pixel because you can split the screen. It's still too clunky to get any real work done.

I ended up with a Surface 3 that is usable right out of the box...with much faster wi-fi. I had one of the Pixels that had some sort of wi-fi bug.

I'm bummed because I wanted to really love the Pixel. It was like dating a model. Beautiful to look at but don't try and have a meaningful conversation.
    Guess it depends on your needs. For what I need, it's amazing!

05-28-2016 09:53 AM

I find myself taking work home with me and doing it quite satisfactorily on my Pixel C all the time (I'm using the keyboard to type this response right now). Regarding your points: 1) Lack of software? I have a Surface 3, Surface Pro 4 and a Pixel C. There are way more apps, including productivity apps, for the Pixel C than for the Surface 3. To this, you're going to respond, "Yes, but you can use desktop software with the Surface 3." People always say that but then can never name more than 2 or 3 desktop programs that they can use with Windows that there is not a good Android counterpart for. I mean, if you don't use Adobe Photos hop or InDesign....what is there?

2) "Impossibly clumsy?" Really? I find, and many reviewers have found, that the keyboard is much better than the Surface 3 keyboard, because it is sturdier, the keys more tactile, and the stand allows for more viewing angles on the Pixel C than the 3 available on the Surface 3.

Other considerations: The display is much crisper on the Pixel C, with a density of 300-some vs. 200-some on the Surface 3. Not once have I had my Pixel C give me anything like the Surface 3's "blue screen of death," and it charges Way faster than the Surface 3 (One of my major pet peeves with the Surface is how freaking long it takes to charge).
    05-29-2016 06:47 PM
    The keyboard is MUCH better than any of the surface line...and actually better than the Macbook too.

05-29-2016 10:46 PM
    So does Pixel C work with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign... Pretty much have all Adobe Cloud products?
    05-30-2016 12:26 AM
    So does Pixel C work with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign... Pretty much have all Adobe Cloud products?
    no, but that's not what it's for. Get a Surface if that is your use case.

05-30-2016 12:43 PM
    no, but that's not what it's for. Get a Surface if that is your use case.

I Have a Surface Pro 3. Just wanted to see what Pixel C could do with those programs, if they could run those programs.
    05-30-2016 02:26 PM
    Lightroom mobile is surprisingly robust. There is a basic Adobe edit program.. Otherwise, it's Android...

05-30-2016 06:18 PM
    Personally, Adobe is on drugs with the way its designed its Android apps--or perhaps its their entire mobile inventory. I cannot stand using them. I'll do all my serious editing on a laptop or desktop thank you.
    06-01-2016 05:41 PM