Pixel C loading Critial firmware updates

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to my Pixel C loading a critical firmware update. It apparently started without my intervention at all and has been do so for some time now. Probably about a hour at least since I first saw it. Has anyone else experienced this recently.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That happened for me after the update to 6.0.1 upon unboxing, cycles through twice but lasted only 1-2 minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea. Those happened to me a well. It has been working fine for a few days now it is doing it again.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to my Pixel C loading a critical firmware update. It apparently started without my intervention at all and has been do so for some time now. Probably about a hour at least since I first saw it. Has anyone else experienced this recently.

Is this on top of what happened during the initial update upon first boot?

Last edited:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. When I first powered on the tablet it ran the update and was working fine for aprox 48 hours. Then this morning when I woke up it showed loading the message again for loading a critical update. Earlier I packed it up to bring to work to call google because the LED bar on the back turned all red. When I got in though the tab was completely powered off. Looks like the battery was drained. I got out the charger and plugged it in and it went straight to the android recovery boot menu(not sure if that is right). I just told it to restart the tablet and it booted up. Strange but seems to be fine i am going to keep an eye on it.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That is odd ... If it's within the warranty period I'd RMA it just in case, I am waiting for a new device due to touchscreen lag issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power