USB-C Hub/port

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if a USB-C hub with ports for USB 1.1-3.0 type A connectors and for that matter other ports (Ethernet RJ-45, micro-SD) works via the USB-C port on the Pixel C.

I've read that the port is solely compatible with charging protocols only, and no data passage from external devices but figured I'd ask if anyone has a USB-C hub to give it a try.

It would be a shame, given that even on my Nexus9 I can attach a hub and use a mouse which is one of the great "features" of AOSP.

Posted via the Android Central App

gpercival

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I talked to Google support extensively re: a USB Type-C to USB 3.0 hub, and the one constant was that it needs to be externally powered. If not, anything you plug into the hub will merely try to charge from the Pixel C

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if a USB-C hub with ports for USB 1.1-3.0 type A connectors and for that matter other ports (Ethernet RJ-45, micro-SD) works via the USB-C port on the Pixel C.

I've read that the port is solely compatible with charging protocols only, and no data passage from external devices but figured I'd ask if anyone has a USB-C hub to give it a try.

It would be a shame, given that even on my Nexus9 I can attach a hub and use a mouse which is one of the great "features" of AOSP.

I've plugged in flash drives and peripherals using a usb-c otg adapter.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Used a memory stick with a OTG adapter no problem. Can never get it to charge with an A to C cable with a regular A power brick though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084