Case for your Pixel C

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There's not that many available -- so what do you recommend?

I have the Pro-Case for the Pixel C. Overall, it is nice, feels sturdy, has auto-wake, all the ports are easily accessible, and even the knock-battary check is wide open. I like it, but would consider something less bulky. Thoughts?

Specus

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my C this week. It should arrive tomorrow.

I ordered the MoKo case from Amazon. It too has auto-wake and an opening for the light bar. I was wanting something a little simpler than the ProCase, but still wanted decent quality.

I'll let you know my thoughts next week, once I get them both.

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I bought the IVSO - only £7.95 from Amazon UK.

I expected it to be poor quality & just a temporary purchase until I found something better but, as it happens, I can find no fault with it & it will live permanently on my C

Not sure if links are allowed but I'll try:

Google Pixel C Case - IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Google Pixel C 10.2-Inch Tablet (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edit P.S: Oops, forgot there is one minor issue that could be relevant to any case of this design with magnets (although it shouldn't be considered a 'fault') - If, when folding back the cover to use as a stand, if you're not careful with how you do this (i.e. you slide the magnetic part across the back of the tablet) the tablet will ask you whether you want to turn on Bluetooth (simple OK/Cancel dialogue).

I personally don't find this an issue as:

a) If you fold without sliding, no problem
b) Hitting cancel is no big deal
c) The battery life of the C is so good that leaving Bluetooth on would only be an issue for the most demanding of users

If, however, these things an are issue for you, you need to choose carefully with any of these folding cases that claim auto-sleep / auto-wakeup

Last edited:

houtx1

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the IVSO - only £7.95 from Amazon UK.

I expected it to be poor quality & just a temporary purchase until I found something better but, as it happens, I can find no fault with it & it will live permanently on my C

Not sure if links are allowed but I'll try:

Google Pixel C Case - IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Google Pixel C 10.2-Inch Tablet (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edit P.S: Oops, forgot there is one minor issue that could be relevant to any case of this design with magnets (although it shouldn't be considered a 'fault') - If, when folding back the cover to use as a stand, if you're not careful with how you do this (i.e. you slide the magnetic part across the back of the tablet) the tablet will ask you whether you want to turn on Bluetooth (simple OK/Cancel dialogue).

I personally don't find this an issue as:

a) If you fold without sliding, no problem
b) Hitting cancel is no big deal
c) The battery life of the C is so good that leaving Bluetooth on would only be an issue for the most demanding of users

If, however, these things an are issue for you, you need to choose carefully with any of these folding cases that claim auto-sleep / auto-wakeup

I bought the same case on Amazon for $11.50 usd under a different name and I agree, pleasantly surprised with the quality.
My only issue is the Bluetooth deal too but definitely not a show stopper.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with the Moko case. Sturdy, not too thick, with all the right openings. I bought mine from Amazon UK and decided to pay a bit more to get a red one (I'm a Liverpool FC supporter.) I haven't seen the Bluetooth issue yet, but that might just be because I haven't slid the cover across the key area.

Specus

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I got my MoKo case a couple of days ago and I'm quite please with it. It fits well and has openings for everything. It's thin and lightweight. If you aren't careful when putting the tablet on the stand, the Bluetooth dialog will pop up (this happens on many other cases with magnetic closures, too).

It is not fancy, but I think it is a good, basic case. Just what I was wanting.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a ProCase leather folio case. I found the trifold cases didn't really hold the pixel in viewing angles without the trifold collapsing or activating the bluetooth keyboard magnets. The ProCase doesn't have that issue, and it looks pretty sharp and it has the smart cover feature. It's definitely a bit thicker though.

Specus

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
A tri-fold stand is a step up for me (I'm used to using my eyeglass case), so the single viewing angle doesn't bother me. Also, I'm starting to develop a habit that folds the cover stand in a way that doesn't trigger the bluetooth popup.

jginnane

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I wanted a different approach for this tablet. (No keyboard.)

I found what I consider the ideal case at Noreve (noreve.com). It's black patent leather. Two styles (and two other color options); I chose the stand-up version. Cost in USD about $85., which varies based on Euro conversion. Getting it in this non-stock material took an extra couple weeks.

Love it! Very well made, yet fetish-y, like the ultimate geek tool. It's real patent leather, not one of the plastic fakes. Comes with a red cloth bag (like a Louis Vuitton dust cover) so you can protect the surface in your rucksack, though so far it's more durable than I expected -- no mars in the first month.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a different approach for this tablet. (No keyboard.)

I found what I consider the ideal case at Noreve (noreve.com). It's black patent leather. Two styles (and two other color options); I chose the stand-up version. Cost in USD about $85., which varies based on Euro conversion. Getting it in this non-stock material took an extra couple weeks.

Love it! Very well made, yet fetish-y, like the ultimate geek tool. It's real patent leather, not one of the plastic fakes. Comes with a red cloth bag (like a Louis Vuitton dust cover) so you can protect the surface in your rucksack, though so far it's more durable than I expected -- no mars in the first month.
I've also currently opted for no keyboard, but I'm a little confused, the options I see on the Noreve site are Second Skin (Tradition B - 96201TB) and Vertical flap (Tradition - 96201T). I didn't see anything that said it was a stand-up version.

I'm assuming I want the Vertical flap style for standalone tablet use with no keyboard?

How securely does the tablet clip into the Noreve case? Could it pop out in a short fall? Is it comfortable for use in both portrait and landscape? I use my tablets primarily in landscape, like a book. Does it have a magnetic sleep/wake closure?

I bought a ProCase, but it's a little bulky. A Moko ultraslim feels slightly flimsy and not as protective as I'd like. Have always heard good things about Noreve, but have never seen one of their cases in person.

Herman Kantz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I also was looking for a quality real leather case and it seems that Noreve is the only game in town.
However, after communicating with them and verifying that they DO NOT support the Auto Sleep / Awake function:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your message.
We are sorry to inform you that there is no the auto sleep / wake function for the Google Pixel C 96201T case.

I'm going to settle for a lesser quality case that supports that function.
I'm bummed!

HK

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I also was looking for a quality real leather case and it seems that Noreve is the only game in town.
However, after communicating with them and verifying that they DO NOT support the Auto Sleep / Awake function:

I'm bummed!

HK

Is that something built into a case or something that the tablet does when the screen is covered. I thought it was a proximity sensor or something.

Herman Kantz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Actually it is a feature that must be built in to the device.
However, it must have a "smart" case that supports that function for it to be utilized.
As was alluded to the "smart" case and device "communicate" with a magnet in the "smart" case.
With such simple technology I'm surprised that Noreve doesn't offer it on their Pixel C cases, especially since they do on other cases.
H K

Herman Kantz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Pixel C support.
He is going to forward my inquiry about a (non keyboard) leather folio to marketing.
If enough interest is shown one will most likely be offered.
H K

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am trying this one from Amazon $16.99.
I want slim, and I also want the option for the one-handed strap. It has the magnets and reviews are good. Hoping it works.

https://www.amazon.com/FYY-Function...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5208942

Google Pixel C Case, FYY [Super Functional Series] Premium PU Leather Case Stand Cover with Card Slots, Note Holder, Hand Strap, Elastic Strap for Google Pixel C 4G LTE SM-T377 Tablet Black
71OpeSH7l6L._SL1279_.jpg

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm bummed!

HK
That's a bummer! And surprising they wouldn't support that feature.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Pixel C Filo case is actually really awesome. Nice Leather feel and you are sure it will support all of the pixel C functionality as it is from Google and designed for it.