Hi, Been reading through the threads here while I've been thinking about a Pixel C purchase and appreciate what people have shared on pro's/con's.

I know there is a lot of "well it depends on what you need..." answers to the should I buy it question.

I'm currently fully IOS based (for mobile) on what my employer has provided (Iphone 6, Ipad 4), but thinking of getting the pixel c for personal entertainment / and lite(ish) productivity.

In my personal life I'm fully bought into Google echo system (gmail, drive, docs, sheets, keep, calendar, etc). I've found IOS support good for basic activities, but to "fiddley" on IOS for things like docs, sheets, photos when trying to be productive. Things often work but not well and too much capability is not available. I like the idea of either IOS or Andorid side by side apps, but my ipad is too old and slow for this.

I don't need a photoshop, video editing machine, but would like something that is convenient and pleasant to use for some document editing, spreadsheets, managing my online life.

My only other concern is that I'll miss the LTE on my ipad...

Also I hear concerns about android table apps. I'm guessing this will be less of an issue in reality.

Anyway, Pixel C? Chromebook better for what I'm needing?

The developer discount is tempting me, but don't know if returns are difficult if it is not a good fit.

Thanks for any suggestions or pointers to where this has already been covered.
    05-09-2016 02:57 PM
    I've really been enjoying mine, and find I use the iPad I had a lot less than I used to --- even with no LTE. Tethering to the phone isn't too bad, although I admit that if I'd had an LTE option for the Pixel C, I would have taken it.

The keyboard is great --- at work I find myself taking the Pixel C with the keyboard into meetings far more often than my MacBook Pro, just because it's lighter and does just as well with my email, HipChat, and Google Docs.
    05-10-2016 12:20 AM
    I'm thinking of ordering with the developer discount. The wifi issues worry me, but realistically, I'm not generally streaming stuff, and I'm willing to take a chance the Pixel C will be OK for my use case. I'm not planning on getting the keyboard, just want the tablet.

Don't think you should worry over returns, I've never had trouble with Google on that. Can't remember who pays shipping on a return, but returns themselves are painless. I had to send back a Nexus 7 (2013) that failed within a month of purchase, they shipped a new one that is still working well! More recently, returned a Nexus 6p folio cover because I'd seen a video saying that once put on the phone it was nearly impossible to get off.

The Google representative I spoke with was very pleasant and issued authorization immediately. So I don't think you'll have any trouble if the Pixel C doesn't suit you.
    05-10-2016 04:02 PM
    I'd say wait until after next week. Google is allegedly announcing Play Store for Chromebooks, which would let you get a Chromebook but access all your Android apps
    05-11-2016 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm still on the fence and may wait for the google IO news to land.

On the other hand, I'm a bit anxious that the developer discount may go away entirely....
    05-12-2016 12:49 PM
    I got mine yesterday, using the developer discount. My first impressions are very positive and I am loving the device so far. The most positive things are:
    • The design is beautiful
    • The speakers are loud and offer a rich sound
    • The display is amazing (but I would prefer to have an sRGB option too)
    • The multiple user profiles are great. I have created one for my wife to use. This has always been an issue with iOS..
    • This thing is really fast. No lags whatsoever. Very impressed so far

The negative things:
    • Many apps are not optimized for tablets
    • I would like to have a fingerprint reader for unlocking the device
    • I would love to have an ambient display, like on the Nexus 6P
    • There is no iPad like smart cover, only for the front of the device
    05-17-2016 03:14 PM
    I got mine yesterday, using the developer discount. My first impressions are very positive and I am loving the device so far. The most positive things are:
    • The design is beautiful
    • The speakers are loud and offer a rich sound
    • The display is amazing (but I would prefer to have an sRGB option too)
    • The multiple user profiles are great. I have created one for my wife to use. This has always been an issue with iOS..
    • This thing is really fast. No lags whatsoever. Very impressed so far

The negative things:
    • Many apps are not optimized for tablets
    • I would like to have a fingerprint reader for unlocking the device
    • I would love to have an ambient display, like on the Nexus 6P
    • There is no iPad like smart cover, only for the front of the device
    You can enable sRGB in developer options.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 09:00 PM
    You can enable sRGB in developer options.

I have developer options active and I am looking at them right now. I do not see any sRGB option.
    05-23-2016 02:41 AM
    I have developer options active and I am looking at them right now. I do not see any sRGB option.
    I see that. I just assumed it would have it, since my 6p does.

05-26-2016 06:43 PM
    I see that. I just assumed it would have it, since my 6p does.

Yes, the Pixel C doesn't have the sRGB option but fortunately the colors of the display are not very saturated as on the 6P. The display is beautiful

05-27-2016 09:52 AM