Pixel C May Security Update causes reboot when the device goes into sleep

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine after updating, thankfully.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got my Pixel C today and also installed the May update. No issues whatsoever so far. I am really impressed by the build quality of the Pixel C. What an amazing tablet :)

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that the reboots occur when the tablet is not actively in use? How does one know whether it is happening then? I read that some see the reboots after getting a notification, so I used Hangouts from my Nexus 7 to create a notification on the Pixel C. No reboot. But are there other signs I should watch for?

So far very pleased with my Pixel C, seems fast and responsive, but really haven't used much yet since it arrived with almost no charge on the battery.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that the reboots occur when the tablet is not actively in use? How does one know whether it is happening then? I read that some see the reboots after getting a notification, so I used Hangouts from my Nexus 7 to create a notification on the Pixel C. No reboot. But are there other signs I should watch for?

So far very pleased with my Pixel C, seems fast and responsive, but really haven't used much yet since it arrived with almost no charge on the battery.
If you have a lock on preboot it would have the black screen with the pin/pattern challenge after reboot.

I didn't know about this bug until today but I think it happened to me once on the May build.

So far so good with the beta.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Well....got my third Pixel C yesterday. Did all the updates through May so far so good. No random reboots like Pixel C #1 and no loss of OS like Pixel C #2. Glad to have this otherwise great device back again.

If I have any more issues I will likely flash/fix myself. I would have done that with the 2nd version once it became apparent this was a more common software issue, but it also had a dead pixel so didn't seem worth the effort.