So what is the overall opinion of the Pixel C so far?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not just about the OS. The iPad is simply better built. Build quality counts for a lot too. Look at the crap wifi radio on the pixel. Crap wifi on... A TABLET. seriously? Look at how Android renders apps on 10" tablets. Like a giant version of a phone app. Awful. And inexcusable this many years later. Android is awesome. On phones. On tablets it's no better today than 5 years ago

I find android tablet much better anyway. There's nothing I need it to do that it can't do. Not a single WiFi issue either, the C can pick up networks that my S7 can't, nor any other build issues. My first one had and I had it swapped for free within 48 hours. You should have done the same with then defective WiFi one.

Anyway, if you prefer apple tablets then that's great, it's your money after all. No real need to make sweeping statements of your opinion as fact though. Isn't it just great we live in a day and age where we have the choice?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I find android tablet much better anyway. There's nothing I need it to do that it can't do. Not a single WiFi issue either, the C can pick up networks that my S7 can't, nor any other build issues. My first one had and I had it swapped for free within 48 hours. You should have done the same with then defective WiFi one.

Anyway, if you prefer apple tablets then that's great, it's your money after all. No real need to make sweeping statements of your opinion as fact though. Isn't it just great we live in a day and age where we have the choice?
Opinions are weak because they're an excuse for people to say whatever they want even if it's wrong so I wasn't giving an opinion. iPads are better than Android tablets in hardware quality, selection of tablet designed apps, and benchmark performance. None of those are affected by opinion or 'user preference'

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Opinions are weak because they're an excuse for people to say whatever they want even if it's wrong so I wasn't giving an opinion. iPads are better than Android tablets in hardware quality, selection of tablet designed apps, and benchmark performance. None of those are affected by opinion or 'user preference'

But I'd still have to use iOS to use one and that's not something I'm willing to spend my money on. I do not want to use iOS on any device and it wouldn't even be my 2nd choice no matter what the hardware. Your opinion is your own but it's still not one that could convice me otherwise.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
But I'd still have to use iOS to use one and that's not something I'm willing to spend my money on. I do not want to use iOS on any device and it wouldn't even be my 2nd choice no matter what the hardware. Your opinion is your own but it's still not one that could convice me otherwise.
That's cool, I wasn't trying to

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

That's still an opinion. I tried moving to iPad before the Pixel C was released. My opinion differs from yours--they both have strengths, but Android--especially on the Pixel C triumphs where I need it to, the iPad fell short where I needed it to triumph. Perhaps I'm getting too set in my ways, but to me, those things you say about the iPad, are true about Android.

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I love my Pixel C. Wife has an iPad air 2 and wouldn't trade with her for nothing! Nougat is fantastic, the table is fast, the screen gorgeous! It runs everything I want to run without hesitation. I have the hard keyboard with it and love it!

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Got my Pixel C last night. Seems blazing fast.

Just did SpeedTest ( I do have Google Fiber at 1 Gb). The Pixel C logged 3ms Ping, 321Mbps Download and 301Mbps Upload.

WiFi seems good so far. :)

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I never had wifi issues until I got the 7.1 Developer preview today, so be wary if you're doing that. Nothing major though, just drops out the odd time.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
That's still an opinion. I tried moving to iPad before the Pixel C was released. My opinion differs from yours--they both have strengths, but Android--especially on the Pixel C triumphs where I need it to, the iPad fell short where I needed it to triumph. Perhaps I'm getting too set in my ways, but to me, those things you say about the iPad, are true about Android.
Since you used the word "triumph" I take it you must have some very user specific tasks you need a tablet to do? Like what? Tablets are basically mostly good for just being media consumption devices anyway, and the iPad is better at that.
If it's a work device for you, well people who tried to go replace their laptops are starting to return to laptops for that now, for obvious reasons.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Just the lone fact that WiFi is still a reported issue on the Pixels would make that a no-buy for me whether some people make anecdotal claims that theirs is fine or not.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have or never had a problem with Wi-Fi once I upgraded my Router.

Is Google going to give me a voucher for a free router upgrade? You shouldn't have had to in the first place. Still a known issue. As a potential buyer doing their homework that would cross this tablet off my list immediately. Why take the chance of being one of those people at all when I wouldn't have to? Some known issues aren't deal breakers. Known and reported issues with the WiFi on a tablet kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely rock solid performance. I have solid connection anywhere in my house. Also was able to connect to Guest WiFi in several locations over the past two weeks with no issue. My Pixel C is about three weeks in service so far.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely rock solid performance. I have solid connection anywhere in my house. Also was able to connect to Guest WiFi in several locations over the past two weeks with no issue. My Pixel C is about three weeks in service so far.

Yup. The only people that say bad things about the Pixel C are people that live by reviews and not actually using it. It's the best portable computer, hands down. I've had mine for 6 months now and have had no issues whatsoever. It's fast, smooth, and I get about 12 hours SOT. Beat that iPad!!! I have mine on ALL day at work and usually have 25% left when I finally plug it in. When I'm not working I plug it in once a week.

anthony854

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
My opinion of the Pixel C so far...

I had two of the Pixel C's. I had to send both back for refund. I had serious Wi-Fi issues. I own a 2012 Toshiba Excite 10 that had far better reception than either C did. I also found the software buggy beyond reason. I didn't bother with a keyboard for either one...thought the price was too high.
It is a shame about the C. Google used a third party Wi-Fi driver for the C instead of the native driver developed by Nvidia. Dumb, really dumb! A superior product hampered by an idiotic, egotistical decision.
I ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (2016). It is much better than the C ever was. The only thing I don't like about the S2 is all the Samsung bloatware. Otherwise, the S2 is a solid performer!

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my Pixel C for 3 days but so far I have had no regrets. Android 7.1.1 runs great on it, my experience with Wi-Fi have been great, screen is awesome, speakers could be better and I wish it had expandable memory.

The Keyboard feels great and paired quickly with no issues.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my Pixel C for 3 days but so far I have had no regrets. Android 7.1.1 runs great on it, my experience with Wi-Fi have been great, screen is awesome, speakers could be better and I wish it had expandable memory.

The Keyboard feels great and paired quickly with no issues.

I've been looking at making this purchase with the deal right now. I've read so much on the Wi-Fi issues, that it's good to hear that someone has had a good experience with it!

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at making this purchase with the deal right now. I've read so much on the Wi-Fi issues, that it's good to hear that someone has had a good experience with it!

Wifi issue is that it's not a very powerful radio. That's about it. Otherwise, it's perfect. I got a signal extender to get better coverage at home.

Specus

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: My opinion of the Pixel C so far...

The only thing I don't like about the S2 is all the Samsung bloatware.
All that Samsung bloatware is why I won't buy another Samsung tablet/phone again, if I can avoid it. I love how little the C has installed on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance