02-11-2017 10:03 AM
68 123
tools
    So what is the overall opinion of the Pixel C so far? Compared to the Samsung offerings?
    05-18-2016 09:31 PM
    I like my Pixel C better than my Tab S 10.5. Been very pleased with the monthly updates and Tegra chip (that lets me use higher graphic options on some games). The one thing I miss is the Otterbox case I had on my Tab S. There's no case for the Pixel that's anywhere similar.
    05-18-2016 11:15 PM
    I don't see any performance difference to the original Tab S (that said, I don't game). Screen wise they're about the same quality, for sound the Pixel is easily better.
    Day to day I'd rather use the Pixel as I prefer having the software buttons and there was an awful lot of rubbish on the Samsung. The keyboard is nice and all the way it attaches but it definitely could do with a few extra buttons. I had a logitech keyboard case for the Tab S and having the home, back, etc as physical buttons on it was so handy.
    05-19-2016 03:12 AM
    I'm a tech nerd, so I get device I'm a tech nerd, so I get devices constantly. I sold my tab S2 in order to get the pixel C, and thought it would be comparable. Instead what I have found is that the pixel C has become my favorite device that I own. The size is perfect to catch up on news and watch some YouTube in the morning. And I love that anytime I go into a forum, I can type a comment on the Fly by attaching the keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-19-2016 07:31 AM
    +1 being my favorite.
    05-19-2016 01:44 PM
    The first things that are noticeable as compared to the Samsung Note is the lack of bloatware and the lack of their stupid button. Add to that the lack of branding--no giant Samsung all over the place. The Note 2014 felt more premium than Samsung's prior note tablet, but this one takes that to a new level--that is about the best I can do for subjective. I certainly like the folio keyboard as a cover more than the off-market or Samsung covers I used for the Notes. I'm not a big gamer so I cannot offer you much in comparison their but I did play The Room on this and the visuals were stunning.
    05-19-2016 05:52 PM
    The first things that are noticeable as compared to the Samsung Note is the lack of bloatware and the lack of their stupid button. Add to that the lack of branding--no giant Samsung all over the place. The Note 2014 felt more premium than Samsung's prior note tablet, but this one takes that to a new level--that is about the best I can do for subjective. I certainly like the folio keyboard as a cover more than the off-market or Samsung covers I used for the Notes. I'm not a big gamer so I cannot offer you much in comparison their but I did play The Room on this and the visuals were stunning.
    It doesn't even say Google... Just the rainbow, pixel light bar. Beautiful design.

05-26-2016 05:53 PM
    I can't possibly express how awesome this thing is. I also have a sp3, which turned out to be too much for what I want a tablet for. It's been great, but it has issues that the pixel c doesn't have. And being able to use it all day without a charger is amazing.

05-28-2016 01:54 PM
    So I've heard a lot about wi-fi issues with the Pixel C. I have a developer discount code and I'm afraid to pull the trigger because of this. I'm guessing most of you guys and gals like yours and don't have many issues? Can anyone chime in with their wi-fi issues or non-issues?
    06-05-2016 06:03 PM
    I know the reviews were so-so for it, but I really love it. Currently on the Andriod N beta. The hardware design is excellent, I still think the screen and battery life are stellar. The performance was good on Marshmallow, but seems to be better on N where everything just feels snappier.

My biggest complaint is the wifi radio though. It seems to have very poor reception and either can't find my wifi signal in certain parts of my house which my other devices don't have a problem with. So many times in my living room when I want to use it, I get very very slow connection speeds (we're talking 0.1-0.5 mbit down speeds on what is usually a 40-50 mbit connection for other devices) or it won't pick up the wifi signal at all and goes offline.

I'm thinking it might be a hardware issue as the Andriod N beta doesn't seem to reslove this issue.

Other than that, Google can do hardware so well, I wish that they did their own phones rather than partnering with OEM's for Nexus devices. They should make their own Pixel phone.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    06-05-2016 06:35 PM
    I know the reviews were so-so for it, but I really love it. Currently on the Andriod N beta. The hardware design is excellent, I still think the screen and battery life are stellar. The performance was good on Marshmallow, but seems to be better on N where everything just feels snappier.

My biggest complaint is the wifi radio though. It seems to have very poor reception and either can't find my wifi signal in certain parts of my house which my other devices don't have a problem with. So many times in my living room when I want to use it, I get very very slow connection speeds (we're talking 0.1-0.5 mbit down speeds on what is usually a 40-50 mbit connection for other devices) or it won't pick up the wifi signal at all and goes offline.

I'm thinking it might be a hardware issue as the Andriod N beta doesn't seem to reslove this issue.

Other than that, Google can do hardware so well, I wish that they did their own phones rather than partnering with OEM's for Nexus devices. They should make their own Pixel phone.
    That is what I'm worried about - the Wi-Fi. It seems like it's a flaw in the product. Now I'm not very far away from my router in my house and would use mobile hotspot from my phone when I used it away from home. But that aspect just worries me. Even with the discount I'm still looking at a $600 expense. Which isn't tiny for me. So I don't know if I should spend that on something that doesn't have working Wi-Fi.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    06-05-2016 10:08 PM
    I did have a problem but it was my router, replaced it with new good to go. I have having trouble with the 5G.
    06-06-2016 08:19 AM
    I did have a problem but it was my router, replaced it with new good to go. I have having trouble with the 5G.
    What was the problem with your router?
    06-06-2016 08:23 AM
    That is what I'm worried about - the Wi-Fi. It seems like it's a flaw in the product. Now I'm not very far away from my router in my house and would use mobile hotspot from my phone when I used it away from home. But that aspect just worries me. Even with the discount I'm still looking at a $600 expense. Which isn't tiny for me. So I don't know if I should spend that on something that doesn't have working Wi-Fi.
    For me, I haven't had any trouble. It doesn't pick up my neighbor's SSIDs like my Nexus 5 can, so I know that the WiFi is not as sensitive, but everywhere in my house that I've used it has been fine. Also, I don't go running speedtest everywhere I sit. If it loads the web page or the book in an acceptable period of time, I'm satisfied.

The battery life and the screen make it worthwhile for me, even if I may or may-not be experiencing degraded WiFi performance.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    06-06-2016 03:11 PM
    The router 5G was not transmitting properly, not receiving properly so my speed was equal or less than 2.4g but my Samsung Tablet and phone was running properly. Replaced router testing the speed using Speedtest 2.4G is running 32.07Mbps down 17.36 up and 5G is getting 153.85 Mbps down 17.45 Mbps up.
    06-06-2016 03:32 PM
    This has been my experience with the Wi-Fi. I have a very large house and I'm able to get on the internet anywhere in the house with my device. However, I took it to McDonald's once and Wi-Fi cut in and out a few times. I was able to get my work done, but it was noticeable how it cut in and out. But because I don't spend much time getting on the web at McDonald's, it's not an issue with me.

06-07-2016 07:49 AM
    I would love to see an inexpensive 8" size one for reading, easy carry like the Nexus 7.
    breezeblocks likes this.
    06-10-2016 03:17 PM
    I just picked up a pixel c 32gb with magnetic keyboard for $480 I can't wait till it gets shipped
    06-18-2016 06:56 PM
    I bought the Pixel C to replace my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
    Functionally the Samsung is a great tablet but I didn't care for its build quality.
    After about three weeks I'm still very satisfied with the Pixel C.

Screen quality and performance are superior to the Tab S but (to me) not sufficiently so as to prompt the purchase. It was strictly build quality for me.

Yesterday I was out on the patio while we were cooking burgers and dogs and I did loose my WiFi. I have never lost it on the Pixel before or at this location with any device. We have a small "park" area about fifty yards from the house and everything else works fine there. I haven't checked the Pixel C thee yet.

I have had the Pixel C lock up three times that required a forced re-boot. Hopefully it was an app issue and not a hardware problem.

One thing I miss (maybe I haven't found it) is no vibrate function. I have a Nexus 5X and my wife has my old Nexus 5 and my Galaxy Tab S 10.5. These all can be set in vibrate mode.
    When I turn the notification volume off on the Pixel C I get NO notifications. It's such an easy feature to implement that I wonder why such a fantastic tablet doesn't have it. Had I done more research I would have known that it was a not implemented.

Overall I am very pleased with it.

H K
    06-23-2016 03:42 PM
    I might get one to replace my aging Nexus 10.
    06-24-2016 09:40 AM
    I just picked up a pixel c 32gb with magnetic keyboard for $480 I can't wait till it gets shipped
    From where?
    06-24-2016 12:03 PM
    From where?
    I got a 64gb with keyboard for $540 on eBay

06-25-2016 01:48 AM
    Fabulous screen. Love the keyboard. I have not had any noticeable wifi issues. Looking forward to split screen use in Nougat. The Pixel C is a very functional mini-chromebook which happens to run Android.
    07-13-2016 07:08 PM
    Fabulous screen. Love the keyboard. I have not had any noticeable wifi issues. Looking forward to split screen use in Nougat. The Pixel C is a very functional mini-chromebook which happens to run Android.
    It's not a chromebook without chrome os...more like a very functional android tablet with a bad wifi connection
    07-14-2016 09:15 PM
    I've never had any WiFi issues luckily enough. It's a very nice device but, that said, I can't help but wish I knew about the Play Store coming to Chromebooks back when I bought this. I really should have known there was something afoot when it was on discount, but the time limits force your hand.
    As a device on it's own - great, but no way would I have bought it had I been able to get a Chrome OS device with Android apps on it at the time.
    07-15-2016 12:45 AM
68 123