7.1.2 BETA

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
On my Google Pixel C tablet I see a gain of 15-25 -dBm while testing with Wifi Analyzer app meter. Tablet sitting in the same location/placement, while testing going from NMF26H, NMF26I to N4F26O.

What have been your results?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing improved WiFi performance in my worst coverage location. I don't have measurements in a fixed position, but anecdotally around 5-10 dbm improvement to just bring it up to usable from always disconnects. We'll see if it continues

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's good to get some of the pixel stuff but the launcher has far too much left and right padding not to switch from Nova. The new multi tasking has kind of ruined the double tap of the Square nav button to switch apps now too, which was my favourite Nougat feature. You have to double tap really fast now.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing improved WiFi performance in my worst coverage location. I don't have measurements in a fixed position, but anecdotally around 5-10 dbm improvement to just bring it up to usable from always disconnects. We'll see if it continues

I seem to be getting more disconnects with the latest version, very frustrating.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It is questionable whether it has improved, but I can say that it hasn't gotten worse for me. Are you seeing disconnects, drops, or not being connected after the tablet wakes up? I see it being stubborn sometimes to change networks or connect after a long sleep

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've only had my Pixel for just over a month so can't really compare to prior builds. It will disconnect usually when I'm watching videos or on Google+ and then I'll manually disconnect from the network and reconnect and it'll be good for 10 minutes or so before doing the same thing. This happens in my basement with the router being upstairs. I've never had any issues with any of my phones or Nexus 9 when I had it.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
In general the Pixel is not great where the signal is weak, it sounds like that is where you are. I can connect from my office in certain locations, but any movement or anything can make it disconnect (far corners of the house)... I can say that my other devices can just barely stay connected in the same room (laptop with low bandwidth, phone - the same), so it is just a bit worse than some of my other devices.