Pixel C mirroring

BobHammersley

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Is it possible to mirror the screen of a Pixel C tablet on a Roku 3?

Screen mirroring works perfectly on my Sony Xperia phone, so I know that my Roku 3, wifi and TV HDMI connections are all fine.

On the Pixel C, the Roku app can send photos to the TV.

However, the Roku 3 is not discoverable on Settings > Display > Cast. There doesn't seem to be a Settings > Device Connection option or similar.

I'd like to find a way to mirror the screen, in order to display more sophisticated slideshow and video apps on the TV.

Is this possible?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe Android supports screen mirroring......That is, unless you buy one of their Chromecasts.

BobHammersley

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Well, evidently, Android supports screen mirroring - my Sony Experia is an Android phone.

Indeed, a reason for buying Roku was that it's supposed to mirror Android devices.

Do you mean that Google devices like Pixel C don't support streaming other than Chromecast?

I've recently migrated from Apple to Android, hoping to take advantage of open standards, so, if that's true, it would be very disappointing!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah for some reason google took away mirroring in nexus devices and then that bled into pixel devices. Really annoying. Literally all my other android phones can do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x