Android O

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the beta for O last night. So far so good. It seems stable for this early on, but that might just mean that the big changes are coming later. The PIP for YouTube is YouTube Red only, so I have not seen that work. Otherwise, no real issue.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah same here. Installed yesterday and got a small update this evening.

It seems to work fine but it's basically Nougat at this stage.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I use an app to lock the screen in Landscape (also forces apps like Instagram into landscape) but whatever way they're doing notifications now it leaves a persistent notification, which is really annoying. I could turn it off in N.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the kindle app just go all black while reading (I use white text on black) - Doing anything like going to the home screen and back seems to fix it. I have also seen the browser flash the previous screen / site when reopening it.

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Apple Music doesn't work, it instantly crashes on startup. No HDMI out yet. I think we can kiss that one goodbye, even though Google said they were working on it. Anybody heard anything? And No, Chromecast is not and option. Travel a lot and you can't use it on hotel networks.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The O beta has made my problem that I had before where I can't turn off the tablet return. Makes it a real pain every time you go to it the battery is down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox