August security update (OTA) arrived?

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Has everyone else received the August 5th security update for the Pixel C? Mine still hasn't arrived, and it's never taken this long before. I'm in the UK, if that makes any difference.

It's not so important really - I'm not going to try downloading/installing it manually - but I'd be interested to know if other people have received theirs. When I check for a system update my device claims it's up-to-date with Android 7.1.2, but the security patch is July's.

To put it into perspective, this is still way better than my new Motorola G5 Plus phone, which is at Android 7.0 and (here at least - some people have got May's) the January security patch.

kadield

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was weird that the OTA hasn't arrived as of yet, as it almost always immediately finds it and downloads it within like an hour of it arriving.

So I went and tried to install the OTA manually and, when trying to sideload the OTA, it gives me this error within the Windows Powershell: "Serving: 'update.zip' (~1%) * failed to read command: no error"

Then my tablet will just turn off. After about 5 minutes or so the unit will reboot.

Very strange behavior. Anyone else ran into this? At first I thought the download was bad so I redownloaded the OTA twice and still running into the same issue.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if it might be because of Android O. Rumor is the current Pixel phones are getting it within the month. Maybe that means the Pixel C too. If so, probably no point in putting out the security patch too.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Could well be. O has now been officially announced, though I don't think devices on the release (as opposed to developer/beta) channel are getting it yet.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So the Nougat August update didn't happen because the Oreo update has been rolled out. Got mine today. Oreo runs pretty quickly, and doesn't look too different from Nougat. Hopefully the Oreo update addressed the "won't recognize pattern/PIN" issue that has periodically plagued some users. I got trapped twice by this bug and had to factory reset each time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty