Pixel C replaced for free by Google

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to pass this along to those that may be on the fence about just replacing a faulty Pixel C.

My device was 2.3 years old and began having black screen issues. For 2 months I was able to press on certain areas of the back of the tablet to make the screen visible again, but after doing that for 2 months it just wouldn't work any longer.

I contacted Google support from a web browser and was only looking for information on how much it would cost to have it repaired, but was absolutely shocked when they offered to replace it for free. They also actually paid for shipping which blew my freaking mind. I never needed to state my case other than the issue the device was having. No arguing at all.

I have been a long time buyer of the Google and am heavily reliant on it. The support rep did refer to that in comment as well.

The Pixel C is still a great device. If you are having the same issues with your tablet, it's certainly worth a try.

Good luck!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google tech support seems to have been brought here from 1918. They actually want the customer to be satisfied. I had one Pixel 2 replaced (again, their charge both ways - and they sent the new one first) because of what they were sure was a hardware problem. But when the same thing happened to the replacement (and they were willing to replace that one too), I determined to find out exactly what was wrong - and it was a software problem, which I fixed. (And, with their full knowledge, returned the replacement unopened.)

I was just as shocked as Incitatus - both times.

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the slow response. I did buy it directly from the play store, which they could see. Wish everyone the best on getting any device problems resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781