Disclaimer: I am not familiar with Chrome devices.

Can I have the icons and folders arranged on my desktop how I want them, or is this like an iOS device and they all get placed on the desktop when installed and never leave until they are deleted?

I would like to use the same layout that I am using on my Pixel C. Am I thinking wrong wanting to replace an Android tablet with a Chrome tablet? I know the Samsungs would be half the price. Torn on all of the above.
    11-28-2018 12:04 PM
    In ChromeOS you don't have a desktop launcher like in Android. There is a home row of icons that you can customize and there is an app drawer, which you can create folders within. The app drawer contains all your Chrome Apps and Android Apps.

Examples:

How does the Slate / Chrome device icon arrangement work?-dock.png

How does the Slate / Chrome device icon arrangement work?-drawer.png
    Incitatus likes this.
    11-28-2018 12:46 PM
    Will there be instances where using a Chrome tablet instead of an Android tablet may cause frustration? I plan on using mainly Android apps on it as an Android tablet. Is this the wrong way to think?

I really like the Slate, just don't want to pull the trigger on it and then be upset about it shortly after getting it.

Thank you
    11-28-2018 01:51 PM
    Will there be instances where using a Chrome tablet instead of an Android tablet may cause frustration? I plan on using mainly Android apps on it as an Android tablet. Is this the wrong way to think?

I really like the Slate, just don't want to pull the trigger on it and then be upset about it shortly after getting it.

Thank you
    It works fine with every Android app I use. I find it to be a pretty upgraded experience to my pixel c in everything except having a light bar.
    Incitatus likes this.
    11-28-2018 05:45 PM
    I have a few apps that are not working, but they are mainly remote control apps, like Harmony, Marantz receiver control app, etc....and I am not sure if that is the app, a limitation with Chrome OS, or something I am doing wrong. The only other app I see not working correctly is Gboard...I am not a huge fan of the US Keyboard the Slate uses, but the Gboard app is a little buggy, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it always defaults back to the US Keyboard. Everything else, all the productivity apps, streaming audio and video apps, photo all work perfect so far.
    Incitatus likes this.
    11-30-2018 09:38 AM