Pixel Slate setup tips and testing

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Google Pxiel Slate that should be arriving Friday (hopefully I'll be home to sign for it, and won't have to wait another day for them to deliver it). This will be my first Chrome OS device as well as my first pure Google device. Are there any tips for setup and use? For example is there a developer options area I should activate and tweak (like going in and reducing the animation time / delay settings)?

Is there anything anyone wants me to test once I have my device configured and running? (Excluding tests that might damage the device like drop tests). (I will not have a keyboard or Pxiel pen initially, and will be receiving them for Christmas, so I will not be able to test things related to those until a later point in time). I've noticed that none of the reviews I've read have looked at the wifi speed/range of the device, so that is one thing I plan on testing soon after I get the device.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Just a report of how well or ill you survive a week on the Slate without a keyboard will be invaluable. Assuming you don't run straight to Netflix or Play Books, which is what I'd do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38