pixel slate, dead speaker?

cml21

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
picked up a slate at bestbuy the other day. little bit of jenkiness, but overall i like it a lot. only (perhaps) big issue, is the left speaker - side of the power button and volume rocker - is not working. seems like a lot of reports of audio issues. if it's software, i don't mind waiting for a fix, but if it's hardware, i'd like to swap it out. anyone else having a similar issue? thx!

BenP84

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
picked up a slate at bestbuy the other day. little bit of jenkiness, but overall i like it a lot. only (perhaps) big issue, is the left speaker - side of the power button and volume rocker - is not working. seems like a lot of reports of audio issues. if it's software, i don't mind waiting for a fix, but if it's hardware, i'd like to swap it out. anyone else having a similar issue? thx!

Just found your post... Interestingly enough, I received my i5 Slate today and was very excited about the product. The minute I started playing some youtube videos I quickly noticed something was off with the speakers. A lot of distortion / crackling, especially present when there is a low "soft" sound (male bass voice, lower range of piano, etc.). It genuinely sounds terrible to the point where there is a % of videos / songs I just can't listen to on the slate. Acapella songs for instance (e.g. Pentatonix) pretty much all sound terrible. Try a male choir signing anything ; you'll immediately see what I mean. Opened a ticket with support, they had me send a bunch of videos of my slate versus other devices (computer speaker, TV speaker, etc.) and told me they'd get back to me...

Overall, I don't know I have the exact same problem as you do, but there definitely is something wrong with my Pixel Slate speakers ; hopefully fixeable through RMA as I don't recall reviewers mentioning this (they did mention a lot of other negative stuff I have yet to encounter though).

OneBigTxn

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
I've had my M3 slate for a couple of weeks..I am also having the same issue distortion/crackling sound at higher volumes. Does anyone have a resolution to this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge