3 Weeks+ in... How all i looking the Slate

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So I've been playing for the last 3 weeks. After getting comfortable with the device, I started watching the You Tube reviews of the product. I was amused by the concerns people have with this device. Actually amused is not the right word. I recognize everyone likes what they like.The only real thing people can compare is the hard performance of the device. The Squishy feely stuff...its based on opinion.

the Hard fast:

• Hardware wise, the device feels good. Its pretty and feels pretty
    Its fast
    With just a little break in time, the battery gets near what was expected. I average double digits
    The screen is really good...really really
    The interoperability with the autoconnects and bluetooth, etc, works well. I took the slate over to my daughters house. NO wifi for me...it auto connected to the pixel and moved on.
    Fingerprint works well, once you understand how and when it works

The NOT so good things
  • NO place to attach the PEN at all. The loop disturbs the look of the device
    The attached keyboard is not ideal This, should be considered a deal breaker. In comparison to the surface or ipad...its just not steady

So, in my short time with the slate, the key drawback is the attached keyboard. I want a device like the surface or ipad, where you can have a decent keybard and flip it closed and move. NOT so sure this keyboard can meet that. Maybe I need more time....I'll keep trying....

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Always appreciate hearing individual experiences with devices. Your posts seem to be honest and grounded, but not jaded or overly positive. Thank you for sharing.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully Bellroy will make a pen clip like the one for the Pixelbook. I have one, and it's pretty stylish.

I actually found a spot that works with the loop. on the magnetic fold on the back of the cover. its out of the way when in keyboard. Doesn't get lost when you pull the tablet. If you roll the keyboard back, its not bad. It's certainly better than having it on the side for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678