I have a Pixelbook and want a Slate to have a truer 2 in 1 experience in using the tablet as a tablet at times.
    I have heard that the Slate has all kinds of issues with software, etc and was kind of janky during the tablet experience.

So, how is your experience of the Slate? Have the initial issues smoothed out? Any information would be great. Thanks!
    03-16-2019 10:11 PM
    I was using 2 devices: a PB i5 and a Tab S3. I love Chrome OS on the PB but hate the Samsung interface on the S3, and was looking for a more powerful tablet experience. The added bonuses being a larger screen, a more powerful processor, a better OS, frequent updates, and only one unit to carry and maintain for both the laptop and tablet experience.

After a bumpy start that involved two Slates with screen uniformity issues, I have found the tablet experience to be quite good, actually. The Android apps I use work extremely well, and much faster than on the S3. So good, that I am considering selling the PB and the S3 and going "all in" on the Slate. The only downside I see is that Gboard is not fully functional in tablet mode, but I am confident that will be addressed. It is nice that the regular on screen keyboard can be downsized and moved around.

The only downside that I have found is that nobody makes a folio style case that is similar to the Moko units made for the S3. The Incipio unit is hideously expensive, and does not fold up behind the Slate; but rather sits in front of it. This means it takes up more desktop or countertop space; which may or may not be a big deal to you. Couple that with the fact that the Incipio & Slate together weigh just a hair more than the Slate & Slate keyboard combo made it a no-go for me on the Incipio unit.
    03-17-2019 11:11 AM