Can I run a dual monitor setup off off the i7 Pixel Slate?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a janky 2 laptop setup at work right now and I have been wanting to replace it with a pc and monitors. Recently I have been finding myself in need of a tablet as well and I'm wondering if I could run a dual monitor setup on the slate? I suppose it would be a single monitor since the slate could act as a monitor itself. I don't do anything but use chrome at work. I want the tablet to run Android but also have full desktop chrome for work. If this is possible could I set up a M/KB to work on both screens seamlessly like windows? New to tablets so sorry if any of these questions are dumb. Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a janky 2 laptop setup at work right now and I have been wanting to replace it with a pc and monitors. Recently I have been finding myself in need of a tablet as well and I'm wondering if I could run a dual monitor setup on the slate? I suppose it would be a single monitor since the slate could act as a monitor itself. I don't do anything but use chrome at work. I want the tablet to run Android but also have full desktop chrome for work. If this is possible could I set up a M/KB to work on both screens seamlessly like windows? New to tablets so sorry if any of these questions are dumb. Thanks!
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you .

I'll provide a link to register,so we can communicate.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Two devices to be able to move a program from one screen to the other, one screen connected to each device? (You weren't very clear.) No.

Two screens connected to one device (even if it's the internal screen and an external monitor) - only if the device is designed for 2 screens. Most laptops aren't. (If the laptop or tablet has an external screen port, it may be possible - then it depends on the video hardware and the OS. I don't think anyone has written a dual screen Android. [It should be possible, since that would be at the kernel level, and the kernel is Linux, which can support multiple screens on multiple monitors.])

Ravenwjf

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I bought a USB-C to HDMI adapter, and I am able to use a tv or monitor as an extended screen. So while I am watching Netflix, Hulu or whatever on the TV/monitor on my Slate I can have an app open and be doing something else. I can also browse the web by opening chrome on my Slate screen while having a completely different browser open on the tv/monitor. Works just like a second screen the way windows does. I can have multiple thing open on whichever screen. I didn't realize how useful this was, but I do not miss my laptop at all....except maybe gamin, but the Stadia will fix that!!!

P.S. I am on the I5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC