Posting this for others who might be interested - looks like a steal of a deal from Best Buy for Black Friday:

Black Friday-bb-bf-slate.png

Basically gets you the Slate starting from $450 with a free keyboard and pen.

From what I've read, nearly all of the issues that plagued the Slate initially (other than the now-abandoned Celeron model's general weakness) have been resolved - are there any glaringly notable things one should still be aware of?

I would be more inclined towards the 128GB i5 than the 64GB M3 with only the 25% price bump at the normal prices of $1,000 vs $800, but at what would be a 45% bump at the BF pricing, is there any real reason to go to the i5 if the storage isn't a huge concern? My primary use would be general browsing, media playback, some word processing/spreadsheet duty, and Stadia, though I would also like to be able to functionally play some installed games like Call of Duty Mobile.

By comparison to the new Pixelbook Go, this ends up being a higher-resolution, more powerful, more flexible, better-displayed, and Pen-compatible solution for a lower price in the M3 and i5 configurations, so I don't see that as a competitive option (unless I'm missing something).
    11-08-2019 11:38 AM
    Argh, don't tempt me!

I think I'll still hold out for possibly deeper discounts on the i5 model. I have an Acer Chromebook Tab 10, which is actually quite decent (especially for the $180 I paid for it in the Acer Recertified store), but of course it's not superfast. If I were to get a Slate, I'd want it to be markedly faster than what I'm using now, and I'd be concerned the m3 won't be a huge jump.
    11-08-2019 01:15 PM
    Argh, don't tempt me!

I think I'll still hold out for possibly deeper discounts on the i5 model. I have an Acer Chromebook Tab 10, which is actually quite decent (especially for the $180 I paid for it in the Acer Recertified store), but of course it's not superfast. If I were to get a Slate, I'd want it to be markedly faster than what I'm using now, and I'd be concerned the m3 won't be a huge jump.
    i5 would be $650 with keyboard and pen. Not as great a bang for the buck, but still a great value at 50% off the normal $1,300 tag (if you were to get both accessories).

There's an instance of a recently completed swappa sale of an i5 "mint" with keyboard, pen, and case for $515 shipped, which is probably close to $200 less than the BB deal would be depending on your taxes, so might keep an eye out there if you don't mind a used product, and forgoing (at least most of) the warranty coverage period.
    11-08-2019 04:19 PM
    I could probably go for $650 with keyboard included, although I'd probably prefer the Brydge keyboard -- not a big fan of the folio keyboard cover, from playing with it a little in Best Buy.
    11-08-2019 04:38 PM
    I could probably go for $650 with keyboard included, although I'd probably prefer the Brydge keyboard -- not a big fan of the folio keyboard cover, from playing with it a little in Best Buy.
    Live now on Google, and you have the option of either keyboard (and the pen) free with the Slate at $300 off, so $449 entry point.

Just picked up the M3 with the brydge myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Black Friday-1574583346361_0_screenshot_20191124-030503.jpg  
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-24-2019 03:07 AM
    Live now on Google, and you have the option of either keyboard (and the pen) free with the Slate at $300 off, so $449 entry point.

Just picked up the M3 with the brydge myself.
    Woohoo! I really didn't need it, but I snatched up the i5 with the Brydge and pen. Thanks for the heads up!
    11-24-2019 04:06 AM
    I can't decide what to get is the I5 model that much better then the M3 model?
    11-24-2019 05:42 AM
    I can't decide what to get is the I5 model that much better then the M3 model?
    Only if the extra processing power is something you'd use, or if you need the greater internal storage. For most people the M3 would be totally fine to where they likely never notice the difference.

Either of those is a great deal at the promotion (not do much at retail) - the M3 setup is just insanely so. But if the $200 extra isn't that big a deal and you aren't certain, better safe than sorry.
    11-24-2019 10:30 AM
    Hmm hate to jump on this and then see a Pixelbook Go deal this week...is this in all facets better than the Go in M3 configuration?
    11-24-2019 05:21 PM
    If you prefer a 3:2 screen ratio, that may be a big factor, since the Go is 16:9.
    kakos26 likes this.
    11-24-2019 05:36 PM
    Will the slate replace my laptop well? I just hate for it to be a tablet only sort of device where I know the Go is a laptop through and through. Seems like way more hardware involved (better screen, two cameras higher MP) etc.
    11-24-2019 05:40 PM
    Will the slate replace my laptop well? I just hate for it to be a tablet only sort of device where I know the Go is a laptop through and through. Seems like way more hardware involved (better screen, two cameras higher MP) etc.
    Both are the same Chrome OS, so neither runs native Windows apps, but for most purposes there are essentially fully functional counterparts. You do get a true desktop browser.

The Go does have a slightly larger screen, and is lighter than the Slate with the keyboard, but of course the Slate is much more versatile in configuration. The Bridge keyboard will make it feel more like a laptop, and is more suitable for actual use on your lap.
    11-24-2019 05:46 PM
    You can toggle between the tablet UI and laptop UI. Whether a Chromebook can completely replace a Windows or Mac laptop depends on what you use it for. If you primarily use your laptop to access the web, and if you can rely on web-based apps (like Google Docs) or Android apps, then yes, it should be able to replace your laptop. If you are a heavy user of full-function Photoshop (which is always the main criticism of Chromebooks that Chrome OS naysayers bring up), then the answer is still no. But most average users have no use for the full Photoshop program for Windows or Mac.
    11-24-2019 06:38 PM
    Yeah I don't do editing or power user type things on there. Value you wise would I be best off with these or is $200 more worth it for the Go?
    11-24-2019 10:55 PM
    If you'll only really every want the laptop form factor, the Go may be a little friendlier with a nicer keyboard, slightly larger screen, and lighter weight. The Slate will give you a more premium build, nicer display, and the pen, but if you'd never use it as a tablet, etc, ergonomics of the Go may make it a better option - should be some savings on it later in the week.
    11-25-2019 01:35 AM
    I've heard the Brydge keyboard is pretty nice, though. We'll see soon enough!
    11-25-2019 01:44 AM
    I've heard the Brydge keyboard is pretty nice, though. We'll see soon enough!
    Reports of it have been good - close to that of the Google version, but a little clickier. I can deal with that for the greater lap functionality, and generally anticipate only using the Slate as a laptop or tablet, so am not concerned about other origami configurations, so I ordered the Brydge as well.

At the time of my order (right when the sale launched) the Brydge had an extra day delay on shipping, so the Slate & pen arrive tomorrow, Brydge Wednesday - will update with my thoughts.

Looks like they're slowing down, though. Here's the current ETA's of delivery for new orders (to SC - ymmv):

Black Friday-capture.png

Interestingly, the "Priority" option wasn't available when I ordered mine, and now the Brydge has gone from being the last to ship to being the first.
    11-25-2019 09:13 AM
    Mine is currently scheduled for 12/2-3 as well!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-25-2019 01:54 PM
    Mine is currently scheduled for 12/2-3 as well!
    Nice
    11-25-2019 02:28 PM
    I got mine early! Putting it through its paces -- really like it so far. Screen and speakers are great, performance is smooth, hardware is primo quality. The Brydge keyboard is excellent.
    12-01-2019 01:53 AM
    Anyone looking for a travel mouse, the latest Microsoft Arc Mouse works like a champ (and both vertical and horizontal touch scrolling function perfectly) - definitely slimmest I've seen, adds almost no bulk to the case.
    12-02-2019 04:26 PM
    @Jeremy8000, do you have the Pen? If so, do you have something to keep it attached to the Slate, or is it just freestanding? On my Pixelbook, I have the Bellroy sleeve/clip which works nicely, but I'd be afraid something like that would scratch up the glossy bezel of the Slate.
    12-02-2019 10:28 PM
    @Jeremy8000, do you have the Pen? If so, do you have something to keep it attached to the Slate, or is it just freestanding? On my Pixelbook, I have the Bellroy sleeve/clip which works nicely, but I'd be afraid something like that would scratch up the glossy bezel of the Slate.
    I do have it - wouldn't have spent $100 for it separately, but am happy with it having been included with the promotional bundle. I picked up an inexpensive sleeve from Amazon for around $15 which is an absolutely perfect fit for the Slate with the Brydge keyboard, and there's a zippered pocket where I keep the Pen, an Arc mouse, and a few other assorted accessories, so no worries about scratches.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075GFFV8C...cUvbUpU6700241 is the case.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-02-2019 10:52 PM