Get a Playstation VR, or upgrade computer?

DrunkenBoxer

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
Like the title says. I currently have a Playstation 4, so I'd just need to get the Playstation VR(which also recently had a price drop). Alternatively, I'd need to do some upgrades on my pc to get it to run VR decently, as well as get a more expensive Oculus Rift or Vive.

Thoughts?

Belle_Celeste

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same predicament. I've been wanting to jump into VR, and it's a choice between getting it for the Playstation since I already have the console, or have to drop tons more money to upgrade my PC a bit and get a more expensive headset.

If money wasn't an issue, I would go with the Vive myself, but as a college student, I'm leaning more towards a PS VR headset due to the affordability. Hopefully the prices on all VR sets continue to drop to make it more affordable.

DrunkenBoxer

Mar 31, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried Google Cardboard? While it's not going to equal the experience of any of the high end VR systems(of which I include PS) it's still a pretty amazing experience. And the price point can't be beat!

Belle_Celeste

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried Google Cardboard? While it's not going to equal the experience of any of the high end VR systems(of which I include PS) it's still a pretty amazing experience. And the price point can't be beat!

No, I've never tried it. I remember at the time of its release, there weren't any apps that I was interested in using it for. Sounds like you have tried it though, what have you used it for? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781