Is Pokemon Go apk banable?

Francisco Tavares

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
So, yesterday I installed pokemon go apk because I really wanted to play the game, I played this morning for like 2 hours and after that I ended myself thinking if it had consequences. Better safe than sorry I unnistalled the app right after this to prevent further problems. I really dont want to get in trouble.

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say the same thing. There has been plenty of Malware found in non-store versions of the game. Not to mention that you will run a risk every time the APK is updated as well. You could very well be several versions behind rendering your version useless (if they don't allow older versions to connect to their servers). Every time you download an APK from an unofficial source, you run the risk of Malware and other baddies inside them.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
my biggest concern inst even the malware, is the ban for using it. I dont know how does the apk works. Do you have any idea?

If they scan the APK's that connect to their servers and fail checksum )or whatever method they want to use), this could be a risk. But right now, there does not seem to be any indication this is the case. Of course, this may change at any second.

I would be VERY concerned about Malware if I were you. There is TONS of data on your device and any malware on there not only puts you at risk, but your contacts, accounts and friends/family as well.

Also, there is no way anyone here will post any links to APK's outside official channels because it's akin to pirating (even for free apps/games). There is a reason there are official channels to get apps and linking to outside sources put the users and community as a whole at risk. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome