Pokemon GO crashing, any solutions?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a note 4 and it crashes all the time. I have wasted so many pokeballs because the app crashes in the middle of catching something or in mid-throw. I have wasted atleast 40 balls.

Posted via the Android Central App

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the crashes are a result of Server Side issues. It's a lot better now than it was on the first day, but the servers are still overloaded. The only crashes I ever experience anymore is in the middle of catching a wild Pokemon. I'll nail it, go into the Catch animation, and then it just hangs. When that happens, I'll press Home to exit, bring up the task manager to clear it out of cache, then immediately restart the app. Sometimes I'll find the Pokemon I was just working on in my inventory, other times it won't be there because apparently it broke free during the time I was logged out (and as luck would have it, it'd usually happen while trying to catch an Orange or Red difficulty pokemon). I typically experience this when numerous players are within my immediate vicinity.

Things are getting better though. Today I haven't had a freeze during Gym battles (a couple days ago it happened regularly).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe it has to do with how active the game is. Nothing really you can do about it right now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
At least 4 times I have captured the pokemon but cannot retrieve the pokeball or get out of battle. I have to close the app and restart, which results in NOT capturing said pokemon but I still register the sighting.

Would that be considered a crash as well? Playing on S7E

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What I have advised people to do is to turn off Music and AR... sound too if you are ok without the audio queueing.

Looking at other complaints around many forums as well as the range of devices people are playing on, the sound/music and AR enabled have been causing the most issues I have noticed.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In a park near me with one gym and a dozen pokestops, there are three pokestops in a triangle with overlapping areas. It has been a running confetti party since. Last evening there were well over 50 people sitting in the middle where you can reach all three as well as a lot more streaming by. As soon as one of the lures times out someone else lights it back up again. Everybody's having a good time.

That gym never lasts long, though. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20