Discouraging due to teams/gyms?

Llcouttien

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else is feeling discouraged due to a seemingly lack of balance of teams in their areas of playing?

I have been playing since official release and am playing in an area full of both pokemon gyms and pokestops. Though I am no master at all, I have been trying to grind a bit to get my pokemon and trainer stronger, but due to the lack of yellow team members in my area, I cant even hold any gyms for more than a few hours tops even when a few of us get together. I am not blaming the game for this, but seriously I am just finding this to be electronic gang warfare between two factions and then my team occasionally catches them sleeping every so often for an hour or two. I mean in less than a 1 mile square radius I have at least 6 gyms and they are always alternating between Red and Blue that I just can't help but feel like I am missing out on the true fun of the game.

Anyone else feel like it is the same for them? Color of your team doesn't matter but more the fact that it is overwhelmingly leaving whatever color team you belong to behind. Hope I am not alone on this one.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This was also a problem in ingress, blue (or green, or red, or yellow) dominate an area, so new players usually join that team, so they dominate more, so more join, rinse and repeat. It's frustrating, and I'm not sure there's a solution.

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Time to recruit new players to your team

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just hang in there. Concentrate on leveling yourself up so you can catch higher CP pokemons. More folks will join the game and will even the playing field.

It was like this when ingress first started in my area. Our blue team dominated then a bunch of green showed up even from neighboring cities and it made the game more fun.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
One of the disadvantages of being on the dominating Ingress faction in your area is that there isn't a lot to do. Conversely, where everything is the "wrong" color you can have a field day! In PGO, it doesn't matter if a gym is your color or not, you can still work it - either to build it up for your team or tear it down if it's different.

If you want you don't even have to deal with gyms. Just wander around and collect 'em all and evolve them. (If you do that you'll want to toss your potions and revive crystals to make room in your backpack.)

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm on vacation... but before I left, I had a similar experience. I'm on team Blue, and we're constantly battling team Red. However, today I got an email from one of my friends that said suddenly there's an influx of team Yellow storming all the gyms.

It all balances out after a while. Basically what happens in games like this, the minority team gets better at planning and skills because they have to, and the dominant teams become complacent and are full of wallet warriors.

I "almost" went team Yellow just because there didn't seem to be many in my area. I now almost wish I had.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Watch the nearby gyms for a couple days. Yesterday it seemed like my area was all red with some big hitters next door. Today the 3 closest gyms represent all 3 teams.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay