07-27-2016 09:58 AM
30 12
tools
    A friend reckons you earn gold coins for each day a pokemon stays in a gym. Not sure if this is true or not but might be incentive enough for some if he's not misinformed.
    Ingress is just far more engaging for me personally but I won't hold pokemon against the people who love it & will continue to give it the odd whirl.
    Nah, you don't need to hold a gym to get the coins. You get 10 coins and 500 dust for each pokemon you have placed in a gym. The moment you collect those coins, you're put on a 21 hour timer before you can do it again. So basically, you place a pokemon in as many gyms as you can (with any luck none of them getting knocked out along the way), collect the coins/dust for the day, and then there's no need to hold onto the gyms for the next 21 hours (beyond team pride anyway).
    07-27-2016 09:35 AM
    Nah, you don't need to hold a gym to get the coins. You get 10 coins and 500 dust for each pokemon you have placed in a gym. The moment you collect those coins, you're put on a 21 hour timer before you can do it again. So basically, you place a pokemon in as many gyms as you can (with any luck none of them getting knocked out along the way), collect the coins/dust for the day, and then there's no need to hold onto the gyms for the next 21 hours (beyond team pride anyway).
    So we can collect coins as soon as we place the Pokémon? Haven't done any gym interactions yet but I thought they had to be there for 21 hours... If I get the coins and stardust just for dumping the Pokémon in there I might have to get on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2016 09:41 AM
    So we can collect coins as soon as we place the Pokémon? Haven't done any gym interactions yet but I thought they had to be there for 21 hours... If I get the coins and stardust just for dumping the Pokémon in there I might have to get on it.

Yup. But keep in mind that it's all or nothing. If you place a pokemon in the gym and then immediately collect the coins/dust, then that's it for 21 hours. Even if you go to find another gym and place a pokemon in it, you won't be able to collect anything for it until the timer expires (you'll see the timer in the top right corner of the Shop menu). So it's best to get pokemon into as many gyms as possible as fast as you can, then collect before they start dropping off.
    07-27-2016 09:47 AM
    Cheers for the heads up
    07-27-2016 09:52 AM
    Got ya. so it's a global cool down, cheers for the info.

07-27-2016 09:58 AM
30 12