Pokemon Go - Crashes on Start Up [Android 4.4.2]

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hardware:
OS - Android 4.4.2
Model - Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (1.4 GHz quad-core, 1.5 GB of RAM)
Strong WiFi signal, 20/2 mbps

App:
Version - 0.29.0
Source - ApkMirror (not available in my country yet)

Problem:
When opening, app shows white screen for one second and closes.
No messages or seeing the game, just crashes without errors.

Tried to fix:
Messed with GPS/Location
Clearing cache/data
Moving to SD card
Rebooting the device

If anyone experienced this or knows how to solve this issue please reply below. Thanks!

Last edited:

Scootymcwootwoot

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, I can get to the niantic spalsh screen but it closes right after that. Im using an LG Sunrise. Tried everything but i cant get it to work :/

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's really painful. I know that the APK file from ApkMirror is not the problem bc it works on my sis's phone, my phone does not have an Intel processor, it is higher than Android 4.4.2. There must be a setting or a bug that doesn't let us run it. I can't even see the Niantic logo, it shows white and crashes (or closes since there is not a crash error) before that. Let's wait for someone more technical to give us some tips.

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's really painful. I know that the APK file from ApkMirror is not the problem bc it works on my sis's phone, my phone does not have an Intel processor, it is higher than Android 4.4.2. There must be a setting or a bug that doesn't let us run it. I can't even see the Niantic logo, it shows white and crashes (or closes since there is not a crash error) before that. Let's wait for someone more technical to give us some tips.

I'm having the exact same issue. The internet seems to provide no fixes. It's very frustrating, considering it doesnt download on my sisters phone at all, cause it realises it has hardware limitations. If that was the case for 4.42, wouldnt we have no option for download at all?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Android central done a post a few days ago about what you need for Pokemon go & the first thing was android 4.4.4 or higher.

Posted via the Android Central App

chidoro42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

The game says it requires at least 2GB of ram now. That could possibly be the issue.

wqe2132133

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I have on galaxy Core 2 4.4.2 but right now phone is at service so i cant play about 3 or 4 days :( Do you think i will be able to run it on 4.4.2? bcs luci said u need 4.4.4 :(

D

Deleted member 1668623

Unfortunately, if your phone falls into this category, it will not run Pokemon GO

Notes:

- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- Compatible with Android devices that have 2GB RAM or more and have Android Version 4.4 - 6.0 installed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Please visit Homepage | Pokémon Go for additional compatibility information.
- Information current as of July 5, 2016

RizeF

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys i Know that pokemon go need an android Version if 4.4. Or higher but i didn't Know What is the Problem i have the same problem.

Adamekgg11

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
My brother's tablet has android 4.4.2 and 1gb ram and it works flawlessly for him and i have galaxy tab 4 with the same android and same ram but better processor but it doesn't work for me.

Elaine Lewers

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I have Android 4.4.2 which is > 4.4, but I can't download the app. It says my device is incompatible.

Any suggestions?

NVM I don't have enough RAM. How do I solve that?

vee53

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have Android 4.4.2 which is > 4.4, but I can't download the app. It says my device is incompatible.

Any suggestions?

NVM I don't have enough RAM. How do I solve that?

I have the same problem on android 4.4.2 im starting to think I dont have enough RAM to run it. Going to try deleting some apps to see if it works...not quite ready for a factory reset!

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on android 4.4.2 im starting to think I dont have enough RAM to run it. Going to try deleting some apps to see if it works...not quite ready for a factory reset!

Nope, RAM shouldn't be a problem, I didn't read on official site that it needs 2 GB, maybe I just didn't see or the community made it up, but I tested it on 1 GB 4.4.2 device and it worked, so on my 1.5 GB 4.4.2 device I had to do a factory reset since something was messed up not allowing the game to run.

bluevalya

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello, everyone :3
My sister has a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4, and has been experiencing crashes almost as soon as she enters the game, without prompting any error. I have been doing some research and found that some of you have the same problem. I have seen in some websites that people recomends the following for the crashes (as seen in: (*Solved} Unfortunately Pokemon Go has Stopped Working Error FIX on Android IOS Devices - DU Admissions 2016)

"Open Settings in you smartphone.
Go to Developers Option.
If you don’t see developers option in settings, it’s because you haven’t yet activated it.
To activate developers option, go to About Phone in Settings and tap on Build Number for nearly 7 times.
The developer option will get activated.
In developer options, you will find “Don’t Keep Activities”.
Most probably it will be checked, so simply uncheck it.
Now start Pokemon Go again and it will definitely work."

Unfortunately, my sister already had that option unchecked so this wasn´t of any help. And then I thought: What if we try to actually have it checked? So we did. She has been playing for like ten minutes and it works, no crashing. I don´t know if she will experience a crash in the next days, but for the moment this seems to work so I thought I would share, just in case you may want to give it a try :)

Clint Nichols

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
ive moved the app to memory card with 4GB, and i still get the Niantic screen, and then -poof!- back to my phone's home screen. Task manager will show Pokemon GO running, but with empty space. my phone runs on andriod kitkat. HEEEEEEELLLLP! I GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALLL!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance