Pokemon Go - Crashes on Start Up [Android 4.4.2]

vee53

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
How much available RAM did you have at the time? I have other apps running and so do not have a lot of free RAM. Wondering if your factory reset didnt just free up more RAM for it to work properly? Can't figure out what else could be wrong. I also have the problem of GPS LOCATION NOT FOUND. Even though my GPS settings are on high

D

Deleted member 1668623

The list I provided is listed on the Pokemon GO page on the Android Play store page

Posted via the Android Central App

Apikaa

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
If you have compatibility issues after rebooting, update all of the possible google/android apps. This worked for my friend. But note that he allready played the game on his phone, then he rebooted it for some other reasons and after the reboot it said the game is incompatible with his phone untill we updated everything possible. It's worth a try

Denverfan9

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
My brother's tablet has android 4.4.2 and 1gb ram and it works flawlessly for him and i have galaxy tab 4 with the same android and same ram but better processor but it doesn't work for me.

Did you figure it out for your tab 4? Factory reset wont do me any good its fresh out of the box!!!!

DarkVortex63

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Dude!, Niantic icon launches but after done loading it becomes black screen. What I did is to reboot the device and it worked! Thanks Dude :D:D

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
According To Niantic, This is what is required as a minimum. It doesn't say exactly what version of 4.4 but i presume its 4.4.1 and higher. :)

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 7.35.09 PM.png

Sstevens47

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I get a similar issue. When the game starts, I get the company screen, then it loads, but before I tap OK on the disclaimer, the game crashes. What's frustrating is that it worked fine yesterday, and I just reached level 20. I use a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with Android 5.0.2 installed.

YungFly22

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. The internet seems to provide no fixes. It's very frustrating, considering it doesnt download on my sisters phone at all, cause it realises it has hardware limitations. If that was the case for 4.42, wouldnt we have no option for download at all?
There's a link you have to "uproot" your device and there some other step in the process and it should work!!!