There seems to be players that are saying they are near a gym that I visit. But numerous times I've been there and I see the players change. Even though no one is around me. So there has to be players that are cheating and saying they are at that gym, but they are not.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    07-15-2016 12:33 PM
    Maybe they're out of sight? You CAN mock your location on your phone, but AFAIK the game dev is working hard to block these (and ban them) users. Also, remember that GPS/WiFi might not be accurate or 'jump' locations when first activated, so you might be seeing people that were there at one point, turned the game off, walked away, turn it back on and the initial location is set to the Gym, even though they're not there, but those should disappear fairly quickly once their true location catches up.
    07-15-2016 12:41 PM
    There seems to be players that are saying they are near a gym that I visit. But numerous times I've been there and I see the players change. Even though no one is around me. So there has to be players that are cheating and saying they are at that gym, but they are not.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    There's also cheats for some phones where you can tap to move and speed up your pace.
    07-17-2016 08:58 AM
    There's also cheats for some phones where you can tap to move and speed up your pace.[/url]
    Really? You need to cheat that bad? Ugh.
    07-17-2016 10:09 AM
    It's unfortunate, but people have been spoofing GPS locations, or downloaded a 3rd party program that allows them to move using a virtual controller. :/
    07-17-2016 11:18 AM
    The problem is that using these tools can get your account banned by Google. That won't be major a problem for many of the people who do this but some may lose their primary Google account over it. Yes, people will do this but when they lead other people down that path without warning them of the potential consequences they should feel bad. But because they're the kind of people who feel it's okay to do this they likely won't feel guilty. I still think it's okay to warn people that the path has consequences. Some people learn from others and some people just have to **** on the electric fence themselves.
    07-17-2016 05:53 PM
    Please keep in mind that posting links to methods for cheating is not allowed.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-17-2016 07:11 PM
    Gotta admit, I'd probably use a controller mod if I wasn't 98.3% certain my account would be banned.

To quote Jessica "I hate outside".

Although it's not going to the stops and gyms so much as the aimless wandering to grind for Pokémon.

And the eggs.... Damn those eggs!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-18-2016 12:32 AM
    There's a Pokestop near me that's within reach of a Starbucks. It often has a lure on it and a bunch of people catching everything that shows up.
    07-18-2016 08:08 AM