What tablet is best for Pokemon GO?

A

AC Question

I would like to know if anyone got pokemon GO on a tablet, and if it works ok?
My phone is to old for any apps and I don't want to switch it out.
I know 2013 Nexus 7 (first gen) have been said to be nice, but it's hard for me to find one of those for a good price.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a 7" tablet for a good price anywere?

Thanks!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
As long as the Table has GPS, and Wifi you are fine.
You won't be able to play outside a wifi network unless you get a table with a SIM SLOT or you use your phone as a hotspot and connect your phone to it.

Bill pokemon go

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I have 3 tablets at my house that don't work. They all have Wi-fi and GPS.

I am looking for tablets to run Pokemon Go for the kids. I will use my hotspot to give them internet access.

The samsung Galaxy 3 tablets don't work
The window tablets don't work

I try and go to the website for requirements and can't find a solution on what to buy. However; I want the original poster to know that Wi fi and GPS are not the only requirements.

Heidi Fox

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
We are having the same issues here. My husband found something that said you need 2GB RAM but nowhere does it say it on the pokemon go site. And I've seen YouTube vids using phones that only have 1.5GB RAM. I was wondering if a cheap phone unlocked without a plan could be used with my smartphone providing Wi-Fi?

Nicole Landers

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I am looking for something my son can use to play pokemon. I do not want to get him a phone or share mine. :)

We have new samsung tab A's that stopped playing pokemon go after the update so I went and bought the Digiland tablets for $40 from best buy and they work great for the game. Here is the link to it, Good luck!
DigiLand 7" Tablet - 8GB Black DL718M - Best Buy

Last edited by a moderator:

JORENO

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
We have new samsung tab A's that stopped playing pokemon go after the update so I went and bought the Digiland tablets for $40 from best buy and they work great for the game. Here is the link to it, Good luck!
DigiLand 7" Tablet - 8GB Black DL718M - Best Buy

My Grandson was playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with a Hotspot through my S6. He made it to Level 7, suddenly he cannot see pokemon at Pokestop's nor can he finish hatching his eggs. He can spin the wheels at Pokestop's. This morning he saw a Pokemon in the front yard and caught it while on home WiFi. It seems to be a issue while being connected via Hotspot. Please Help!

Posted via the Android Central App

markaberdeen90

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Nicole Landers, are you sure digiland can work properly with pokemon go? i need the most reliable and cheapest tablet to support the pokemon go and now i cant afford for the expensive tablet...please help me

TalonStar

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have 3 tablets at my house that don't work. They all have Wi-fi and GPS.

I am looking for tablets to run Pokemon Go for the kids. I will use my hotspot to give them internet access.

The samsung Galaxy 3 tablets don't work
The window tablets don't work

I try and go to the website for requirements and can't find a solution on what to buy. However; I want the original poster to know that Wi fi and GPS are not the only requirements.

Try downloading the APK file instead. That has worked on our tablets when we couldn't download the app. Google "Pokemon go APK file" & try to download that way.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I play on my iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 2. I know they're not Android tablets, but they work great.

No matter what you get, though, I would definitely recommend getting a cellular tablet to play Pokémon GO and getting T-Mobile's free 200MB/month. Pokémon GO barely uses any data, so if you restrict all apps besides Pokémon GO to Wi-Fi, 200MB should be more than enough every month. Then you can take your tablet around with you and not be tethered to a Wi-Fi network.

JR Lindsey

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
It's true. I just bought a pair of the Digiland tablets from Bestbuy. $39 each and now my kids can play Pokemon Go on their tablets instead of on my phone. The key is the gps location, the lollipop 5.1, and the non Intel chip.

harjearus1777

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a digiland tablet and I've tried downloading it from Google Play and I tried downloading it from using an APK neither ones are letting me get on what's the secret