Finally got Onix, and he just stinks...

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Granted I don't have him maxed out, but with me being lvl 22 (almost 23), and his CP bar being past the 50% mark with a whopping 29 hit points, his stats really suck (seriously, even with the XS tag on his side, those hit points are sucky sucky sucky). Why is a less than common (if not rare) Pokemon so damn lucky?

And the attack damage is abysmal. Has to fill the entire bar for 55. A 20 special attack would be magnitudes better if the bar were chopped into smaller increments (like most do).

uploadfromtaptalk1469563864119.png

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The poor dude knows Tackle, too! Onix is a sick Pokémon though - are they able to learn new attacks? I'm only at Level Seven and haven't had a lot of time to train/play, so I don't really know the rules yet.

... Now, if Johto ever comes into the game, you can get yourself a mighty fine Steelix...

Posted via the Android Central App

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I do not believe they can learn new attacks, just increase the damage of the existing one you capture them with. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Reikoji

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Onix seems like one of those they left weak accidently with Steelix in mind, even tho that's not til 2nd gen. Some of the other non-evolving during 1st gen are able to become strong-ish, like Tangela. Until they do add 2nd gen tho, It would be nice if they buffed onix to be on par with the rest of the non-evolving pokemon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Onix seems like one of those they left weak accidently with Steelix in mind, even tho that's not til 2nd gen. Some of the other non-evolving during 1st gen are able to become strong-ish, like Tangela. Until they do add 2nd gen tho, It would be nice if they buffed onix to be on par with the rest of the non-evolving pokemon.

Agreed. They should really fix his stats because he can be a great Pokémon in the games!

Posted via the Android Central App