I have seen that if you close the game and put it in background and go somewhere without turning on wifi or data the distance actually increases tried 2 times and hatching distance increased. May be it takes information from pedometer i guess??

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 12:12 AM
    What do you mean by put it in background? By pressing the home button?

08-06-2016 06:19 AM
    Yes

08-06-2016 03:07 PM
    Well that's new.
    I only know that if you leave your phone on a desk with Pokemon Go open, trainer usually moves. Hatched a few eggs that were about to hatch around .95-.96
    08-06-2016 03:36 PM
    Wow, I didn't know that. Will test it out. Thanks for the tip!!

08-06-2016 09:55 PM
    I have seen that if you close the game and put it in background and go somewhere without turning on wifi or data the distance actually increases tried 2 times and hatching distance increased. May be it takes information from pedometer i guess??

So use GPS only?
    08-06-2016 10:08 PM
    Yes gps should be turned on.

08-07-2016 04:33 AM
    If I click the on/off button once, to put it to sleep, then open it a minute later, my trainer will RUN a little distance then walk back. Any PokeyMon within the circle at his farthest point will pop up and be catchable even when he gets back to where I actually am. If I sit at the computer working, and just leave it on, very little ever shows up. Doing this, it seems that about every time I wake the phone back up, something is there.

Of course it does not work all the time at other places, only home. And there is not always something there to catch either. His running does count towards km for egg hatching. It isn't a lot, but adds up in a day.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-07-2016 03:46 PM
    If I click the on/off button once, to put it to sleep, then open it a minute later, my trainer will RUN a little distance then walk back. Any PokeyMon within the circle at his farthest point will pop up and be catchable even when he gets back to where I actually am. If I sit at the computer working, and just leave it on, very little ever shows up. Doing this, it seems that about every time I wake the phone back up, something is there.

Of course it does not work all the time at other places, only home. And there is not always something there to catch either. His running does count towards km for egg hatching. It isn't a lot, but adds up in a day.
    You're right: I bet that definitely adds up over the course of the day. Thanks again!

08-07-2016 09:55 PM
    I typically leave the game running, and have my wifi turned off (so it wont connect to my car) but dont get any increase. Matter of fact, i've been trying to hatch a 5k for a few days now....
    08-08-2016 02:12 AM
    Not sure I understand, sorry. I don’t connect to any of the WiFi prompts, just use the phone plan. I get a lot of red dropdown prompts that some are available, I just ignore them and they disappear. If I leave my phone on in the car I can get quite a bit of km’s towards an egg. Not on highway driving, but at the ramps and traffic or in city driving.

I don’t do jackrabbit starts in stop & go highway situations, just ease it up a little then coast to a stop. Driving around in the neighborhoods, I keep it under 15 and can rack up quite a bit. Under 15 mph it all seems to count. I’m not going to spend my entire day driving around really slow but if you come to a lot of stops, it is worth it to leave it on and plugged in.

Shopping also I leave it on. Weekly grocery trips or out with the GF or wife doing lots of “ohhh, isn’t this nice” kind of things. You’d be surprised just how much ground you cover. At a place like Cabela’s, fagetaboutit. I cover just about every isle looking for something I can’t live without.

If you are a passenger, you can catch some while driving even on the highway. I turn it so I can see behind my guy. When something passes by, you can quick grab it and catch it as you drive away. Now that I’m driving I hear the phone buzz a lot but can’t do anything about it.
    08-08-2016 06:53 AM
    So it's proved that the egg hatching glitch is present in the game

08-09-2016 01:38 AM
    You've to be connected to both internet and gps for the trick. Just turn on the game before sleeping turn off screen don't turn off the game and leave it overnight. The time you wake up you'll see the distance in egg hatching has increased alot this really works tried on my S7e

08-09-2016 01:43 AM

Even if you don't turn on/off screen it will wander. I am currently doing this and am on my way to hatch a 10km egg. Currently at 4km and I haven't moved a bit. I only use my home WiFi and haven't taken my phone outside.
    wwwoodchuck likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:56 AM
    None of these "tricks" have worked for me ( . I guess it's telling me to get off my fat ***.
    08-09-2016 11:26 AM
    You've to be connected to both internet and gps for the trick. Just turn on the game before sleeping turn off screen don't turn off the game and leave it overnight. The time you wake up you'll see the distance in egg hatching has increased alot this really works tried on my S7e

Did this lastnight and distance is exactly the same this morning.
    08-10-2016 08:05 AM
    Update - I tried it after the update overnight trick didn't work now will have to constantly check your phone after 5-10 min it will increase if didn't try restarting the app.

08-10-2016 08:31 AM
    None of these "tricks" have worked for me ( . I guess it's telling me to get off my fat ***.
    Its because you have set GPS to high accuracy. Try setting it to device only.
    08-10-2016 02:43 PM
    Its because you have set GPS to high accuracy. Try setting it to device only.
    Didn't work for me either. I'll try it again with the GPS setting to device only.
    ZKnowN likes this.
    08-11-2016 09:01 AM
    didnt work for me either at home but it does work a little bit at work.
    ZKnowN likes this.
    08-16-2016 06:23 PM
    Sounds like it is working for some but not all. thats a little dissapointing
    ZKnowN likes this.
    08-16-2016 10:45 PM
    I mentioned in another post that at one restaurant I racked up 1.5 km on eggs while sitting at the table. Kept the game on and there were three stops and a gym out of range. Our trainers would wander off and if we kept an eye on the game we could battle or hit the stops. It will be a regular stop to eat for sure!
    08-22-2016 07:15 AM
    I hatch my 2km this way. 😁
    08-22-2016 07:21 AM
    Here's an explaination of this. The tip is true. It's not even a grief or a hack of any sort. The way the game works is it checks your GPS position every minute, then every 4 minutes it updates your distance traveled into your eggs. Now, if you have a bad GPS signal or are in a building that kinda makes your GPS drift, it will make your avatar move a little bit here or a little there. This effectively makes your phone think (inside the game) that it has moved too that far. Maybe he walks a block away and comes back. IF and ONLY IF he's gone away when that minute check happens then you'll get credit for walking that far and back, IF he comes back at that right moment too. This is literally adding 100 meters or 10 to 20 meters of distance at a time. Maybe. BUT, if you add that up all day while sitting at a desk working in a big building with bad GPS signal, with your game on and your phone charging you'll get a few kilometers in. I learned that in a thunderstorm my phone does this. It happened while I was doing things inside the game and not moving from my desk and my Egg that was .5 K from hatching hatched.

THE BAD THING HERE... If you are walking around a block, and the GPS pings slight before the corner and again slightly after, you only get credit for the straight line between those two points. So, it's good and bad. This also means, the best way to hatch an egg is to walk straight lines. A big circle will only get your straight lines throughout the circle cutting off large portions of the circle. This too I test, there is a 1/4 mile circle in a park (not a track) and I get signficantly less on my eggs than I get on my Google Fit app. So, take the good with the bad.
    ZKnowN, kixfan and wwwoodchuck like this.
    08-22-2016 04:13 PM
    This is really at high level for me cause i just hatched 3 5km eggs from this method.
    ZKnowN likes this.
    08-27-2016 01:54 PM