Found a gym held by my team, and there was only one trainer's pokemon there, so I wanted to join the gym and practice battling. I was given choice to place one of my own pokemons there, so I did - cubone. Then when I went to do some battling using some of my other pokemons I would click on the gym leader's pokemon, choose the one I wanted to use to battle, and press "go" but always ended up in a battle with my cubone, battling myself. My cubone was lower CP than the gym leader's. How would I go about battling the gym leader? I tried probably ten pokemons but always ended up in a battle with my cubone. By the time I left I had at least leveled the gym up to 3 from 2, but I didn't want to just battle cubone every time.
    08-07-2016 04:46 PM
    You have to defeat each pokemon in a gym currently occupied by your team starting with the lowest CP. Since you put in your cubone, it has the lowest CP of all pokemon in that gym. You can only use on of your own pokemon to achieve this. The more pokemon you beat in a row, the more XP the gym will gain getting it closer to the next level.
    08-08-2016 09:57 AM
    Lowest CP - that explains it. Next time I'll wait to leave a pokemon just before I quit battling and go home. Thanks gattzzz.
    08-09-2016 01:16 AM