I went to battle a gym yesterday & Pokemon go is suppose to bring up a few of your strongest Pokemon so they can fight the gym but I only had one appear. How do I get my others to appear so they can fight if one faints?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 07:03 AM
    Do you happen to have them deposited in other gyms? If so then they are unavailable to battle.
    08-15-2016 09:52 AM
    I went to battle a gym yesterday & Pokemon go is suppose to bring up a few of your strongest Pokemon so they can fight the gym but I only had one appear. How do I get my others to appear so they can fight if one faints?

I've noticed mine doesn't bring up my strongest at all. I always have to rearrange them to get rid of weaker ones it puts in my team. Also if you are battling a same colored gym to help raise it's strength then you only get one pokemon to battle with. That may be why you only see one.
    08-15-2016 10:05 AM
    I've noticed mine doesn't bring up my strongest at all. I always have to rearrange them to get rid of weaker ones it puts in my team. Also if you are battling a same colored gym to help raise it's strength then you only get one pokemon to battle with. That may be why you only see one.
    Ahh that must be the reason why. I'm on team Mystic & I was fighting a team Mystic gym. Will have to try a team Valor or instinct gym & see what happens. Thanks

Morty2264 and kixfan like this.
    08-15-2016 10:40 AM
    I think they also order the pokemons based on the pokemons that are protecting the Gym. So if you have fire pokemon protecting the Gym, and you have a water pokemon, it would put your water pokemon first.
    08-17-2016 11:52 AM
    Ahh that must be the reason why. I'm on team Mystic & I was fighting a team Mystic gym. Will have to try a team Valor or instinct gym & see what happens. Thanks

You only use one Pokémon when you battle your own teams gym, and up to six Pokémon when battling a rival gym.

fury2g likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:31 PM

You tried to battle a gym of same team. Try battling at gym of other teams and 6 pokemons will showup
    08-17-2016 02:56 PM
    you should always see to it that the strongest are in full health so that they will always appear in your choices.
    08-19-2016 02:33 AM
    you should always see to it that the strongest are in full health so that they will always appear in your choices.
    Health has nothing to do with it. They are always fully healed. The game decides what pokemon you should use based on what's in the gym you are battling. I would rather it just pick my top 6 and let me worry about any changes.
    08-19-2016 02:01 PM
    I think it has to do with how your Pokemon list is sorted. If you have it in Favorite order it'll show your starred items. If you have it in CP order it'll show you the highest CP first. If you have it in # order your Bulbasaur will come up first.
    08-19-2016 02:24 PM
    I think it has to do with how your Pokemon list is sorted. If you have it in Favorite order it'll show your starred items. If you have it in CP order it'll show you the highest CP first. If you have it in # order your Bulbasaur will come up first.
    CP order nor number order didn't work for me either. I will definitely try the star method though.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:45 AM
    08-27-2016 02:44 PM
    08-27-2016 02:45 PM