Alot people have been waiting for this feature and niantic has confirmed that it's coming in the next update. But the main question is will it involve only pokemons or other things also like balls, incense and lure modules??

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 05:06 AM
    When did niantic say it's coming in the next update? Source?

Anyway it'll be Pokémon only, not items.

08-20-2016 10:46 AM
    I read somewhere a few times that they were looking at October/ November of this year. I will update with sources if I can find them again.
    fuzzylumpkin and kixfan like this.
    08-20-2016 02:20 PM
    It'd be nice if they did, then I'd just need to convince my brother he doesn't need both of his Snorlax ^_^

tony bag o donuts likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:50 PM
    That would be awesome if that option came out soon! I feel like it would be Pokémon only, as the games were.
    08-20-2016 09:26 PM
    That would be fun. I get out a lot more than my young nephew. He is always a bit jealous of all I catch and evolve. I could trade him a Gyarados for a pidgie. Not my good Gyarados, but he would be able to have one anyway. I hate to just transfer a hard to evolve critter to the shredder for a candy. He has enough candies to power it up a few times too.
    Morty2264 and mabelpines like this.
    08-22-2016 06:14 AM
    08-22-2016 06:51 AM
    That would be fun. I get out a lot more than my young nephew. He is always a bit jealous of all I catch and evolve. I could trade him a Gyarados for a pidgie. Not my good Gyarados, but he would be able to have one anyway. I hate to just transfer a hard to evolve critter to the shredder for a candy. He has enough candies to power it up a few times too.
    "Not my good Gyarados, ..." LOOL. Still, you're a good uncle! :P

I'm still waiting on catching one more Eevee so I could move my candy count from 24 to 25 so that I can finally evolve my Eevee! So this trading thing could work out very well for me too!
    wwwoodchuck likes this.
    08-25-2016 09:12 PM
    It really needs the trading. Like said above, trading was such a core aspect of Pokémon (at least in my opinion), both the cards and on the gameboy.

Plus I've got friends from Europe coming over for a wedding at some point next year, would be amazing if they could bring me a Europe exclusive
    08-26-2016 10:38 AM
    I'm currently saving up all my second strong captures and evolutions just for trading. I want when the time comes I'll have some good pokemons to bargain with.
    08-28-2016 05:22 PM
    It would be nice, however I would only use it to acquire Kangaskan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch'd. Assuming they'll allow cross country trading.
    08-28-2016 05:55 PM
    It would be nice, however I would only use it to acquire Kangaskan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch'd. Assuming they'll allow cross country trading.
    Same here. It would take the fun out of the game if I could trade for the hard to find ones in my area. Part of the fun is getting out and trying to catch them.
    08-29-2016 02:54 PM
    I could trade him a Gyarados for a pidgie.
    If there will be Pokémon trading, I hope it will not work like this
    Items to trade should be approximately of the same "value". Otherwise, what is the point of the gameplay?
    09-01-2016 12:08 AM
    If there will be Pokémon trading, I hope it will not work like this
    Items to trade should be approximately of the same "value". Otherwise, what is the point of the gameplay?
    Trades like that are between friends usually, or in the case of the cartridge games because that person has a lot to trade and doesn't care what they get in return.
    wwwoodchuck likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:18 AM
    I think it would have to be one of those times where players might actually have to be near each other and meet. Because if they just allowed cross country, imagine the money to be made by players. I have like 8 Tauros. Captured all of them in like a 2 week span for a region specific Pokemon.
    09-19-2016 04:44 AM
    I think its not coming any time soon, they'll need to cleanse the system first and wipe out the cheaters who have acquired a lot of overpowered pokemon, making trading available now will destroy the game. Right now they've disabled 3rd-part apps by enabling captcha for scanners, hopefully after that they can monitor every account and accurately ban those who have questionable activity like those who uses bots.
    kixfan likes this.
    10-08-2016 02:58 AM