New "appraisal" feature

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not useless, but it couldn've been a lot better.

There's this though... lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 36310.jpg
    36310.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 25

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything better. It's a direct copy of what's included in the handheld games.

Yeah, I didn't expect anything better, but I don't agree that it's a copy from the Gameboy and DS games. In those we can view our actual stats... There doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide stats in Pokémon go.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't expect anything better, but I don't agree that it's a copy from the Gameboy and DS games. In those we can view our actual stats... There doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide stats in Pokémon go.

Yes, you can view stats, however you can't view IV's. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing. Just not as intensive.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can view stats, however you can't view IV's. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing. Just not as intensive.

True enough, although I'd say the way the stats are displayed in the games makes figuring out IVs a much simpler prospect. I never bothered getting too deep with them in the games to be honest.

I suppose they had to simplify it for general people though, I'm sure you're aware that Pokémon is a much more complex and nuanced game than most uninitiated folks seem to think

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It's useless only for those who don't understand the stats in the game.

For those who do, it's an easy way to help choose which pokemon you should lean towards evolving/keeping.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's useless only for those who don't understand the stats in the game.

For those who do, it's an easy way to help choose which pokemon you should lean towards evolving/keeping.

Can you refer us to a site that will teach us to understand the stats in the game?

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you refer us to a site that will teach us to understand the stats in the game?

The text is useable enough, if you understand what the text is saying. You're looking for anything that says it's the best. I forget what Mystic is, I have no idea what Valor is, however Instinct says it can battle with the best of them. Then it when it lists the top stats, you're looking for HP and Defense for a defender, and HP, and Attack mostly for Offense, if Defense is there too, even better. I have a 10CP Charmander right now that has all three stats topped out. This is telling you the hidden value, the higher the better.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
No its not just you. It really isn't saying much about the pokemon and it gives us back the CP of the pokemon which we already knew.

Not true, the final CP of a Pokémon is determined based off the hidden Individual Value points of the stats. A Pokémon with all three stats with maxed IV's will have a higher final CP than one that doesn't have maxed out IV's.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Pokemon GO Appraisal Chart - Pokemon GO Hub

Basically the appraisal will:
1. State overall worth of your pokemon (Wonder is best)
2. State hidden stats (Exceed calculations = maxed out stat)
3. State pokemon size

Hidden stats that are perfect all around will show hp equal to attack equal to def, then follow up by saying it exceeds calculations. I have a snorlax and a rapidash with these stats, which means he has perfect hidden stats (all 15).

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's actually quite useful when combined with an IV calculator. If you know for sure what the strongest stat is, it removes some of the guess work.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies! I guess it depends on how "serious" the player is that is playing to know if it's useless or not. I just casually play(never played any Pokemon game before ) . So the Appraisal info seemed pretty vague and useless to me. Now I understand the hidden meanings a little more. Thanks.

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12