09-24-2016 04:55 AM
26 12
tools
    Is it just me on is the new appraisal feature ( from new update ) useless?
    ScottMGS and Devenchi like this.
    08-24-2016 11:01 AM
    08-24-2016 11:08 AM
    It's super useful. Helps determine which pokemon to evolve or power up so you're not wasting your stardust and Candy on high CP pokemon that have lousy stats.
    08-24-2016 12:13 PM
    Its minimally useful, just to give you a general idea of what your base stats are at. The base stats dictate final stats.
    08-24-2016 01:52 PM
    It's not useless, but it couldn've been a lot better.

There's this though... lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails New "appraisal" feature-36310.jpg  
    kixfan, Matty, AvaMichele and 6 others like this.
    08-24-2016 04:28 PM
    It's not useless, but it couldn've been a lot better.

There's this though... lol

I wouldn't expect anything better. It's a direct copy of what's included in the handheld games.
    08-24-2016 06:14 PM
    Oh, dear.... This is why we can't have nice things hahaha.
    AvaMichele likes this.
    08-24-2016 06:24 PM
    I wouldn't expect anything better. It's a direct copy of what's included in the handheld games.
    Yeah, I didn't expect anything better, but I don't agree that it's a copy from the Gameboy and DS games. In those we can view our actual stats... There doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide stats in Pokémon go.

08-24-2016 06:28 PM
    Yeah, I didn't expect anything better, but I don't agree that it's a copy from the Gameboy and DS games. In those we can view our actual stats... There doesn't seem to be any real reason to hide stats in Pokémon go.

Yes, you can view stats, however you can't view IV's. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing. Just not as intensive.
    08-24-2016 06:29 PM
    Yes, you can view stats, however you can't view IV's. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing. Just not as intensive.
    True enough, although I'd say the way the stats are displayed in the games makes figuring out IVs a much simpler prospect. I never bothered getting too deep with them in the games to be honest.

I suppose they had to simplify it for general people though, I'm sure you're aware that Pokémon is a much more complex and nuanced game than most uninitiated folks seem to think

08-24-2016 07:07 PM
    Nothing is useless its a 'Less Used Feature" or at least, thats what i tell my boss when he asks about said useless feature LOL ^_^

Every 'feature' has a purpose
    08-25-2016 02:39 PM
    It's useless only for those who don't understand the stats in the game.

For those who do, it's an easy way to help choose which pokemon you should lean towards evolving/keeping.
    08-25-2016 06:32 PM
    It's useless only for those who don't understand the stats in the game.

For those who do, it's an easy way to help choose which pokemon you should lean towards evolving/keeping.
    Can you refer us to a site that will teach us to understand the stats in the game?
    08-25-2016 07:27 PM
    Can you refer us to a site that will teach us to understand the stats in the game?
    The text is useable enough, if you understand what the text is saying. You're looking for anything that says it's the best. I forget what Mystic is, I have no idea what Valor is, however Instinct says it can battle with the best of them. Then it when it lists the top stats, you're looking for HP and Defense for a defender, and HP, and Attack mostly for Offense, if Defense is there too, even better. I have a 10CP Charmander right now that has all three stats topped out. This is telling you the hidden value, the higher the better.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    08-25-2016 07:50 PM
    No its not just you. It really isn't saying much about the pokemon and it gives us back the CP of the pokemon which we already knew.
    LonestarROB likes this.
    08-25-2016 08:59 PM
    No its not just you. It really isn't saying much about the pokemon and it gives us back the CP of the pokemon which we already knew.
    Not true, the final CP of a Pokémon is determined based off the hidden Individual Value points of the stats. A Pokémon with all three stats with maxed IV's will have a higher final CP than one that doesn't have maxed out IV's.
    08-25-2016 11:29 PM
    I only use it if I have two Pokémon at the same CP and I don't know which one to evolve.

And for ****z and giggles like above (Y)
    08-26-2016 10:42 AM
    Pokemon GO Appraisal Chart - Pokemon GO Hub

Basically the appraisal will:
    1. State overall worth of your pokemon (Wonder is best)
    2. State hidden stats (Exceed calculations = maxed out stat)
    3. State pokemon size

Hidden stats that are perfect all around will show hp equal to attack equal to def, then follow up by saying it exceeds calculations. I have a snorlax and a rapidash with these stats, which means he has perfect hidden stats (all 15).
    ScottMGS likes this.
    08-26-2016 11:01 AM
    It's actually quite useful when combined with an IV calculator. If you know for sure what the strongest stat is, it removes some of the guess work.
    08-26-2016 11:57 AM
    Thanks for all the replies! I guess it depends on how "serious" the player is that is playing to know if it's useless or not. I just casually play(never played any Pokemon game before ) . So the Appraisal info seemed pretty vague and useless to me. Now I understand the hidden meanings a little more. Thanks.

08-26-2016 09:17 PM
    Check out Trainer Tips video on the Appraisal system. He explains what each "phrase" means as far as your IVs. If you are Team Valor, he noted in the description that he mis-spoke in the video for one of them.

09-02-2016 07:42 AM
    Eh, I'm not a huge fan of it; but it does have merit by showing stats of the specific Pokemon.
    09-02-2016 03:51 PM
    Eh, I'm not a huge fan of it; but it does have merit by showing stats of the specific Pokemon.
    Same here. I really don't bother with it all that much.
    09-06-2016 11:46 AM
    Appraisal's useful in a way, gives you some general ideas about the Pokemon. Especially when it comes to Stats, which is good for gym battles, I guess.
    09-23-2016 09:07 AM
    It's alright. It says some of my Pokemon's are decent but I do well with them at gyms so I keep using them.
    09-23-2016 10:23 PM
26 12