Visit site
I just unroot my devices for the sake of pokemon

and I just realize that some apps still linked to sd card

somehow they still work, well I don't know anymore ~'-')~

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As others have said rooted people are the small user base versus the non-rooted. A company is going to cater to the masses not the small group... especially when the move wasn't a malicious one. It was one to help them deal with people cheating on the game.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Can someone explain this sentence to me? "THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR APPS and SETTINGS but not contents of your internal storage."
Your apps and settings are stored on an phone partition named SD Card (not to be confused with the external SD card). This partition gets erased but the contents of your internal storage (operating system) will not get erased. That's how I understand it. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me anyone.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
No, they should allow rooted users to continue to play the game and only block people when they've actually done something wrong.

by all means if that is so simple do explain how they would do that ? how they going to do that with a app that has so many users ? SERIOUSLY if you wanna stay rooted you do so at your own risk. dont be mad a company wich has 100,000,000 plus users probably for doing what they need to to make sure people like me have a fair time playing it.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
by all means if that is so simple do explain how they would do that ? how they going to do that with a app that has so many users ? SERIOUSLY if you wanna stay rooted you do so at your own risk. dont be mad a company wich has 100,000,000 plus users probably for doing what they need to to make sure people like me have a fair time playing it.

It's not up to me to come up with that solution, I'm not running a game development company that rakes in money by the truck load. Not are they employing me as a contractor.

I'm still playing just fine, I'll always find a solution. I just don't believe innocent people should be assumed to be guilty with no evidence. It's like convicting someone of murder simply because they possess a knife.

The other question is, who's next? Maybe they'll decide the gps units in LG or Moto phones aren't good enough? Or that you can't play on a phone with an unlockable bootloader, regardless of its unlock status?

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Blame ones who root and cheat. I think it's great and applaud them for it.

It's not up to me to come up with that solution, I'm not running a game development company that rakes in money by the truck load. Not are they employing me as a contractor.

I'm still playing just fine, I'll always find a solution. I just don't believe innocent people should be assumed to be guilty with no evidence. It's like convicting someone of murder simply because they possess a knife.

The other question is, who's next? Maybe they'll decide the gps units in LG or Moto phones aren't good enough? Or that you can't play on a phone with an unlockable bootloader, regardless of its unlock status?

George Kitariolos

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
i trully dont care about the ban on the rooted but explain me why its my fault that i spended 300$ to buy 2 elephone p8000 (one for me and one for my gf) to be able to play pokemon go and because it seems its rooted from the factory im not able to play? what have all the eristic people to say about it? i still dont know if its rooted i dont know what it means to be rooted but it seems its a method to hack why should i not be able to play when i have payed that much? only the samsung and iphone users have the right to play pokemon go if you havent payed 400$+ you are not good to play pokemon go?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a way to block an app for seeing root or does that not work for Pokemon go? I used to have it on my other rooted device but I haven't used those device and I didn't root my Nexus so I can't try.

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a way to block an app for seeing root or does that not work for Pokemon go? I used to have it on my other rooted device but I haven't used those device and I didn't root my Nexus so I can't try.
There is. You need to get rid of all traces of root and then flash Magisk, then the Magisk version of phh's super user. Once that's done install the Magisk app, phh su app, and AutoMagisk app. Select the apps you want to hide root from in AutoMagisk. Root gets turned off when you launch this apps and turned back on when you exit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21