Can't disable Game Tuner notifications.

A

AC Question

I've been playing Pokémon Go and over the last day or so whenever I open close or minimize the app I get a notification on my task bar to download Game Tuner. I've tried looking up ways to stop thr notification such as disabling notifications in Galaxy Apps and Play Store but it hasn't worked. I'm not going to download the Gane Tuner and I need the notifications to go away. Can anyone help with this?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe this is Pokémon go related... Do you have any crapware like CleanMaster installed?

Might be worth running a malware scan with something like avast...

B1477

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I started getting the "Introducing Game Tuner" pop up notifications about 24 hours ago. They pop up every few minutes, even if I am not using my phone and there are no active apps. Turned off notifications in Galaxy Apps, but still, this pops up. Installed Avast and ran it - did not fix the problem. Maybe I should install the Game Tuner app and then uninstall it?? Will that make it go away?

B1477

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Tried the long press (it says "GameMode") and then "i" for info and all notification options are set to no. Still keeps popping up.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Those of you getting the notifications did you recently update the Pokemon go app & did any of you download the apk before the game was on Google play store?

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This is what I did. Installed the Game Tuner app, turned it's notifications off, then disabled it. No pop-ups since. Not the best fix but works for now.

The reason it is popping up with PoGo so much now is Samsung finally actually let the app recognize PoGo as an actual Game now.

Lg90

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been playing Pokémon Go and over the last day or so whenever I open close or minimize the app I get a notification on my task bar to download Game Tuner. I've tried looking up ways to stop thr notification such as disabling notifications in Galaxy Apps and Play Store but it hasn't worked. I'm not going to download the Gane Tuner and I need the notifications to go away. Can anyone help with this?

I think i found a solution. At least for my AT&T Galaxy Note 5. When the notification pops up, long press it and it'll take you to notification settings for whatever program makes it pop up. For me it was a Samsung app called Game Mode. Then go back in through settings and application manager and find that app (Game Mode for me) and uninstall any updates for that app. That fixed it for mine :) hope that works for you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12