Can't log in to Pokemon go via Mobile data since latest update

A

AC Question

I have a Sony Xperia M5. Since the latest update, I have not been able to log in to Pokémon Go using mobile data. I either get a message saying Failed to Log In or Unable to communicate with server.

But I can log in to it using Wi-Fi. Before the update, it was all working perfectly.

I log in using Pokémon Trainer Club, not Google.

It is not a rooted phone.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache, force stop ..... nothing has fixed the problem.

Is anyone experiencing the same issues or any suggestions on how to fix it!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Again this app utilized the Google map location system or GPS locations system in order to function correctly. In this instance and as you've suggested, the Mobile data setting is the best possible way to connect to this locations system.. However if you do not have you location turned on while using this system you could see the same error. I'm under the assumption and have posted several times that one must turn off the wifi settings in order to utilize the mobile data settings mode.
I was helping a fellow yesterday with the same type of issue when dealing with the mobile data settings.. See our convention here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/724357-alcatel-one-touch-pop-mega.html

KazK1

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I turn off the wifi on my phone and then try to connect to Pokémon Go but it still says Can't Connect to Server. Location services are turned on also.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The objective is to connect to the mobile data system.. 3G or 4G networking.. if you turn off the wifi and have adjusted the mobile data settings correctly, are you able to see the 3g or 4G icon within your tool tray top of your screen?.. if you do not see either 3G/4G then I would suspect that the Pokemon Trainer club app could be blocking the signal. I would try an alternate means of connecting to the server just to test if it's your phone or the app you're using to connect.

Lastly, You say you've turned off the wifi but have you seen anything odd within the wifi utility, which search for the best possible wifi channel/network.. Also and I would suspect that if you're out and about access other wifi networks, you may need permission to access these as many are becoming more and more secure.

KazK1

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have an H symbol next to my mobile signal strength.

Interestingly if I load Pokemon go when at home on my wifi, I can then leave the house and it continues to work . But as soon as turn off the game, I can then not log in again until I am back home on wifi. So the mobile data must be working to some extent, I just can't log on using it! Strange!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an H symbol next to my mobile signal strength.

Interestingly if I load Pokemon go when at home on my wifi, I can then leave the house and it continues to work . But as soon as turn off the game, I can then not log in again until I am back home on wifi. So the mobile data must be working to some extent, I just can't log on using it! Strange!
Welcome to the forums. I'll move your thread to the Pokemon Go forum for more visibility.

Fhjcdt

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
If anyone can figure this out, I'm having the same problem. It happened to me when I used my Google account, so I created an account with the pokemon trainer club. It worked fine until the last update; now it will only let me log in with wifi, but if I leave the wifi zone, I can keep playing on mobile data. I've tried everything OP has tried as well.

KazK1

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Another point to add is that I can log on to my account on someone elses phone which is just using mobile data!

I am using android version 5.1 on a Sony Xperia M5.

Dae1984

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm also having this problem with a Samsung xcover3 and can not log in to pokemon go when on mobile data but I have no issue with WiFi. I'm also running Android 5.1.

Perhaps it's a.bug

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem & I did this which worked. I uninstalled the app then downloaded it again via WiFi, booted the game up & made sure everything was still there then shut it down by swiping it away from the recent apps screen turned WiFi off then turned my phone off then back on again then booted Pokemon go back up via 4G (or 3G, H etc) and it now works on mobile data.

Adamd76

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Using an Alcatel having the same issues been through all suggestions it was fine till the buddy update have sent email to niantic hoping they'll fix the bug, glad to know it's not just Me

Stargazeer14

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Having the same problem here. Seems a symmetrical problem with people who had trouble with google accounts before. ANd it does seem based around PTC accounts.

Gonna play around, as it may be an issue with data being restricted on a service that PTC login suddenly requires.

W3rter

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Had same issue since last android update. Tried 33 things before trying this:
Settings - mobile networks - access point names - select the one youre using - go to apn protocol if set to ipv4/ipv6 , then change it to use only ipv4.

KazK1

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am so happy I have just found the solution that has worked for me. Make sure you do not have restricted background data turned on for Pokemon Go, Google Play Services and Google Play Store. My Services and Store had it turned on, as soon as I turned it off, my Pokemon Go worked on mobile data! I really hope this works for everyone else with this problem!

Ognjen Zurovec

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
THIS! I created the account here just to thank you. I've tried everything mentioned on this and numerous forums, but this is the thing which made it work.

EDIT: Sorry, dunno how to delete this message :)

Ognjen Zurovec

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Had same issue since last android update. Tried 33 things before trying this:
Settings - mobile networks - access point names - select the one youre using - go to apn protocol if set to ipv4/ipv6 , then change it to use only ipv4.
THIS! I created the account here just to thank you. I've tried everything mentioned on this and numerous forums, but this is the thing which made it work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante