Hi, I read in a Pokemon GO page in facebook that the Pokemon that will come out of an egg depends on where you hatched it (for example it hatched near a river, a water type will come out from it), how true is this?
    10-02-2016 02:50 AM
    Think it depends where you picked up the egg. I hatched a 5km egg when I was home from a trip to the Isle of Wight & it said the Pokemon was from Newport. I was in Bournemouth when it hatched.
    10-02-2016 05:01 AM
    Seems to be just a theory as far as I can see.
    10-02-2016 08:32 AM
    As far as any of my 498 eggs, it is random as to what hatches. It will say where you got the egg from after it hatches not where it was hatched. The area that it says might not be the exact place you got the egg from, same with your critters. Many appear to be off. Example: I am in Wilmington, DE and any eggs or Mon I get here all say they are from Philadelphia, PA. I go to a few different parks and some say they are from there, others a different location than it really was.

I heard that eggs from a spawn area will have a better chance of hatching that particular Mon, untrue. The place I go to stock my bag up went from Bellsprout to Something to Growlith and I never got one from any eggs I received there. I have gotten 10k eggs from areas where Lapras spawns, no Lapras. I hatched the only one I have from an egg received in the mountains, no nearby lake. I heard that spinning a stop that gave you a 10k egg will give you more 10k eggs, untrue. Also none from any nearby stops. I did not stay and spin the same stop over and over and over with no others in-between, so that rumor may be true.

I have noticed that egg hatches are no longer guaranteed over 80% iv critters. Many are in the 70’s. For someone who does not check, they are still good ones to evolve and power-up though. I catch higher CP with better iv’s than I have been hatching from eggs. I still check them but most get transferred to be shredded. It is great for XP, Stardust and Candies though. I check how much of each I get before I even look to see what hatched. It appears to be random how much dust and candies you get also. Different km eggs have ranges but no pattern to them. I can hatch two of the same, back to back and both will be different in their stats and what I get for hatching them. XP will be the same; I mean dust, candies, CP, HP and iv will be different.

I also believe I received the 100 XP "bonus" for hatching instead of catching a critter. I was walking, evolving and after I got out, it looked to be 600 XP for hatching a 5k egg, not 500 XP. My total was 100 XP greater than I expected. Maybe it was for evolving the hundredth of the same, who knows. Hey, 100 XP is 100 XP!
    10-11-2016 08:54 PM
    I haven't noticed any correlations between eggs and location.
    10-14-2016 12:52 AM
    yup, pretty sure its all random depending on what type of egg you have 2-5-10kms
    12-14-2016 02:27 PM