Ok, Halloween is approaching and that is all Niantic posted on their update site. Tonight a few things happened.

Just now, we had two Haunters, three Gastley’s, three Cubones and one Marowak show up. I see by the Nearby that another Haunter and another Gastley are nearby. We get nothing like that here. Maybe one a week, tops.

Second, I got an extra Candie for my Buddy, Lapras! By the counter under him, it says I have 4.8k of the 5k needed. The Total Km Walked is also incorrect now. I was at 99.2km when I had 4.2 Km and it now reads 103.6 Total. It should be 99.8 Km. At 5Km per Candie there is no way it could read 103.6 Km and be correct. I see yet another Cubone and another Marowak have appeared on the nearby! I caught the others so these are new spawns. Now a Hypno and another Gastly are on the nearby… I am not complaining mind ya, just curious if maybe they are trying out the holiday code in a few spots and we are one of them. Now a Gloom and a Gengar are on the nearby.. Extremely unusual for our Pidgie and Rat neighborhood. I think this is the fourth Meowth that just appeared also......

Has anyone else noticed any unusual spawns tonight? I'm off to hit the spawn points.
    10-25-2016 07:25 PM
    Same thing here in the UK with spooky spawning Pokemon & your buddy Pokemon will find 4 times the amount of candy during this Halloween event.
    10-25-2016 08:06 PM
    Yeah niantic posted about it a couple of days ago, "spooky" Pokémon are more common and you get double candy on everything except your buddy which yields quadruple candy. Also the login screen is cooler.
    10-25-2016 08:34 PM
    Great! I just checked and I did receive 4 extra candies. I have some walking to do!!!

Also getting 6 candies for a catch and 2 for a Transfer.
    10-25-2016 09:00 PM
    My Squirtle usually needs 3km per candy, tonight he only needed .75 and I think he got an extra candy when I hatched an egg.
    10-25-2016 10:28 PM
    10-26-2016 10:52 AM
    Thank you for the link. I received the push from Niantic when I got home today. Everyone else at the park clued me in though.

I must say that they have overdone it a bit on the Gastley's and Haunters. I went to my Magikarp and Dratini spot and caught more Gastley's than Karp!!! While I really did appreciate the extra Dratini candies (one Dragonite in a day!), the Haunters... Most folks did complain a bit about how many were around. Too small to keep and big enough to be a pain to catch.
    10-26-2016 07:48 PM