I've finally decided enough is enough after going to bed with less than 0.1km left to hatch a 10k egg and waking up to find the egg has disappeared. Nothing in the journal and no new pokemon or extra pokemon awarded. Bye bye game it was fun while it lasted.
    12-07-2016 08:45 AM
    Oh no! What a terrible thing to have happen! I am sorry!

I, too, have stopped playing Pokémon Go months ago. I'm a huge Pokémon nerd but I prefer playing the RPG'S on my Game Boys and DS... And Pokémon Go zaps your battery and your data. Plus, it made my phone hot. My only regret is that my Eevee never evolved.
    Alanhd likes this.
    12-07-2016 09:35 AM
    That sucks. It's understandable that you're quitting. Much as I've enjoyed it, there's a lot of "one step forward, two steps back" in this game. I might kick the habit when gen 2 hits... May seem ounter intuitive to a lot of people, but the only reason I'm still playing is how close I am to completing my Pokédex and another hundred Pokémon moves those goal posts. Plus I'm old school, or just old lol, gen 1 is in my blood, but I care much less about subsequent generations.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-07-2016 01:42 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. This game and gone down. I'm also a Gen1 player. Never got into Gen2 or 3.

The speed limits on pokestops is what killed it for me. My wife and I play when we have time so when we are driving, I have her my phone and we hit the stops. Can't do that now. I understand the logic behind it but I'm not paying to park to walk around and get poke balls. Maybe I get lucky and find a spot but it's very unlikely.
    12-07-2016 01:51 PM
    That sucks. It's understandable that you're quitting. Much as I've enjoyed it, there's a lot of "one step forward, two steps back" in this game. I might kick the habit when gen 2 hits... May seem ounter intuitive to a lot of people, but the only reason I'm still playing is how close I am to completing my Pokédex and another hundred Pokémon moves those goal posts. Plus I'm old school, or just old lol, gen 1 is in my blood, but I care much less about subsequent generations.
    I agree - Generation 1 is the best! Good luck filling your Pokédex!
    12-07-2016 01:53 PM
    I'm just starting to take it a bit more serious now. I downloaded it when it hit, but never payed attention to leveling up or hittin the gyms. I'm traveling for work and caught about 6 new pokemon. I'll screen shot them and send them to my wife to show my 5 year old. He gets pretty excited to see the pokemon in the pokedex on the phone. Every morning he'll ask if I caught any new Pokemon.

I want a Meowth for all the wrong reasons. I find him to be the silliest of all the Pokemon and love how he stirs up trouble with team Rocket.
    12-07-2016 02:07 PM
    the struggle is real, played it hard out for 3 weeks, got to lvl 28.... waiting for better features, i ocnstantly open it up and catch one or 2 pokemon then put it away for a week or so. i want pokemon to be great again! :-P
    12-14-2016 02:10 PM
    the struggle is real, played it hard out for 3 weeks, got to lvl 28.... waiting for better features, i ocnstantly open it up and catch one or 2 pokemon then put it away for a week or so. i want pokemon to be great again! :-P
    Pokémon is great again, but it's called sun and moon, not GO lol.
    12-14-2016 02:14 PM
    Pokémon is great again, but it's called sun and moon, not GO lol.
    oh yea :-p , played that, flogged it to the point where im happy, over it :-P i found it a great game but its the same thing as all the other pokemon games ive played. not as much has changed from previous games as id hoped and the graphics are reaching the limit of the 3DS haha. couple of annoying things in it... fatatta lol. but i am an older audience... they need to make a more gritty adult pokemon! X-D
    12-14-2016 02:33 PM
    oh yea :-p , played that, flogged it to the point where im happy, over it :-P i found it a great game but its the same thing as all the other pokemon games ive played. not as much has changed from previous games as id hoped and the graphics are reaching the limit of the 3DS haha. couple of annoying things in it... fatatta lol. but i am an older audience... they need to make a more gritty adult pokemon! X-D
    I'm older as well, I'm an OG gen 1 Pokémon master! Personally I think they've changed it enough to make it fresh and different... I'd say it's the best game since the originals.

And it's plenty dark lol. I felt so guilty challenging and defeating that person visiting the grave of their dead Pikachu...

They've definitely hit the limits of the 3DS now, but it doesn't look too bad... PS2/GameCube level is fine for a handheld IMO. Hell, if they'd let me I'd be playing it on my TV!
    Z_Man_Horizons likes this.
    12-14-2016 03:39 PM