I'm determined to complete myself Pokédex, but there's no way I can afford to travel to three different continents to catch the region-specific Pokémon.

I'm an iOS developer so can easily use Xcode to spoof my location. However I've heard that bans are possible doing this. If I understand correctly, bans occur if the PoGo server notices that you teleport from one location to another. So, I'm considering doing the following:

Stop playing PoGo for a few days to simulate a realistic travel time from England to, e.g., Tokyo/New York/Sydney
    Use Xcode to location spoof to a location near a Pokéstop in the target country
    Only then, open PoGo
    Wait for the region specific Pokémon to spawn and catch it
    Kill the PoGo app
    Stop spoofing location
    Wait a few days for "return travel" before opening PoGo again

Repeat for each of the three Pokémon I need.

Question is, would it be detectable if I did it this way? Am I risking a ban or is this safe? I'm not interested in location spoofing for any other reason - I enjoy playing the game by walking in my local areas and am not interested in cheating (except for the three region locked Pokémon which would be otherwise unobtainable).

Thanks in advance!
    01-12-2017 04:59 AM
    This whole GPS spoofing/cheating issue would go away if Niantic would make trading more of a priority. They seem to be one of the most user unfriendly game companies ever. Seems most of the changes they make cripple the user's enjoyment of the game. This game had the potential to be great but they've reduced it to mediocre at best unless you live in a huge metro area with a pokestop/gym on every corner. It's just not realistic to expect players to walk miles in the cold and snow as opposed to being a passenger and driven around in a heated car. I used to drive my kids around playing all the time but stopped due to the speed restrictions they imposed.
    01-12-2017 11:51 AM
    Sorry, but location spoofing discussions aren't allowed here. Thread closed.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    01-12-2017 03:23 PM