Pokemon Go 0.57.2 crashing on Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 6.0.1

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I had gotten the update 0.57.2 and did not have any problems until the Gen2 Pokemon appeared. Then every time I tried to capture anything, the app crashes. I can reproduce 100% of the time. I tried the normal troubleshoot process, clear cache, clear data and reinstall after a fresh reboot.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

M3Rcil3SS77

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I do have the same issue with an S6 and Note 5. Tried multiple accounts also and they are getting the same trouble. Did uninstall numerous time. Going on an IPhone app works perfectly with the same account as on the Samsung.

jstaylor62

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I had gotten the update 0.57.2 and did not have any problems until the Gen2 Pokemon appeared. Then every time I tried to capture anything, the app crashes. I can reproduce 100% of the time. I tried the normal troubleshoot process, clear cache, clear data and reinstall after a fresh reboot.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I ended up allowing access to everything on a fresh install and was able to finally get to the catch screen again without crashing. Previously I had prevented access to my contacts.

Its very odd since I was catching Gen1 Pokemon on the same version and permissions access hours earlier without any issues.

Dragnflite1

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I ended up allowing access to everything on a fresh install and was able to finally get to the catch screen again without crashing. Previously I had prevented access to my contacts.

Its very odd since I was catching Gen1 Pokemon on the same version and permissions access hours earlier without any issues.