07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    So it was none...

30 presidents served in the military. 12 presidents did not serve.

Those who did not serve were: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, and Bill Clinton.

Of the 30 who did serve in the military, 6 did not see action. They are as follows: James Madison, James Polk, Millard Filmore, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan (was not sent to combat due to bad eyesight), and George W. Bush.
    Thanks for posting this. It's rather interesting. Also, there have been three American presidents who graduated from West Point, and one who was awarded the Medal of Honor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    02-21-2013 07:13 AM
    Ted Nugent. Entertainer, first. Deep thinker, last! Gee, I wonder what Rush, Hannity, Bachmann, the GOP etc. thought of the speech?

Like I would expect anything else?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    He's probably thought more about guns than you have.

Don't insult someone just because you don't think like they do.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    02-21-2013 07:25 AM
    He's probably thought more about guns than you have.

Good morning!

Operative word in your first sentence is "probably". And so what? YOUR posted subject was Ted's comments on the SOTU speech. Not guns.

Where is the insult? Or are you just overly sensitive to opinions counter to your own?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    02-21-2013 08:36 AM
    Good morning!

Operative word in your first sentence is "probably". And so what? YOUR posted subject was Ted's comments on the SOTU speech. Not guns.

Where is the insult? Or are you just overly sensitive to opinions counter to your own?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    "Deep thinker, last"

You insinuated he can't think in depth about topics, he might not be smart, he's a shallow thinker.
    02-21-2013 08:43 AM
    Thank you Markster!

Maybe I could have said it differently but the gist of my two sentences (first/last) is that he is an entertainer.

You may believe he is a deep thinker. I don't.

If you think my opinion is insulting to you or Ted, then you either place too much value in my opinion, or the insult only exists in your own head.

If the former, "Thank you, but please don't". If the latter, I have no advice.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    02-21-2013 09:24 AM
    The irony of this statement - from one of the co-captains of partisan pettiness - is priceless.
    02-21-2013 09:27 AM
    The irony of this statement - from one of the co-captains of partisan pettiness - is priceless.
    There you go again
    02-21-2013 11:14 AM
    Thank you Markster!

Maybe I could have said it differently but the gist of my two sentences (first/last) is that he is an entertainer.

You may believe he is a deep thinker. I don't.

If you think my opinion is insulting to you or Ted, then you either place too much value in my opinion, or the insult only exists in your own head.

If the former, "Thank you, but please don't". If the latter, I have no advice.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    I agree he's no Einstein but he is capable of more than an autonomous thought.
    02-21-2013 11:15 AM
    02-21-2013 03:10 PM
    I don't get it... how is he caught in a lie?

There was no evidence that either "side" was right, only a bunch of people saying stuff. Obviously one or both sides is wrong, which doesn't necessarily mean they're lying, it could be misinformed or it could be lying, we have no way of knowing. We don't even have a way of knowing which side(s) is(are) wrong. The truth of the matter is that regardless of who's idea it was, both houses of Congress and the president all agreed to it, so at the moment they all shook hands, it because a team effort. Shared credit, shared responsibility, shared blame. They're all in this together and instead of pointing fingers, one way or another, would be better served to spend that time focusing on solutions.

Guys, you've gotta turn off fox news, msnbc, etc, etc... i can see your mouth moving, but all i hear is their words. if i gave a damn what they were going to lie about today, i'd watch them myself; i have a dvr, and if that's all you have to say, i don't need you because the dvr is slimmer and fits on my shelf better than you ever will. i want to know what you think.
    02-21-2013 04:09 PM
    Message to freethinkers:

Right, we're fighting against an entire generation of people who can't think past talking points and sound bytes.

I't s fair to ask them, "Do you really believe the trash your side is piling on or just wish it were true?" Liberals and Conservatives, Democrats and Republicans... stop the "group think" and use your own brain. It's amazing how different your thoughts are when they're yours, not what was spoon fed to you by people who depend upon your ignorance for their own gain. They want to hurt you, yet you worship them.

We are individuals and we're all smarter than this. Nothing is true just because someone says it is, especially when they have an observable gain in power each time their statement is believed.
    msndrstood and rexxman like this.
    02-21-2013 04:25 PM
    According to this article it was the Obama ran white house that first pushed for the sequester. Now that it has a chance of actually happening he is shifting blame.

"But Boehner reminded Obama that the automatic cut idea was originally proffered by the White House during the debt-ceiling talks of 2011. He said Congress "reluctantly accepted the president's demand" and claimed it's now up to Obama to find the escape hatch."

Read more: Boehner to Obama: You created spending cut crisis, you fix it | Fox News

I think the responsibility needs to be accepted for this and everyone should work to resolve this issue together. But the president needs to stop blaming republicans for everything.
    metz65 likes this.
    02-21-2013 11:28 PM
    The only part of what is now being called 'sequestration' which originated by the White House were Defense cuts and proposed in 2011. At that time, it was not part of some kind of packaged budget threat. The remainder of sequestration was the creation of Congress, led by the House leadership.

GOP leadership, and some of its rank-and-file members, cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
    02-22-2013 03:39 PM
    The only part of what is now being called 'sequestration' which originated by the White House were Defense cuts and proposed in 2011. At that time, it was not part of some kind of packaged budget threat. The remainder of sequestration was the creation of Congress, led by the House leadership.

GOP leadership, and some of its rank-and-file members, cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

These are the facts and they are unpleasant.
    Let's get real, neither side can be trusted to tell the truth.
    Aquila likes this.
    02-22-2013 03:49 PM
    Let's get real, neither side can be trusted to tell the truth.
    The truth isn't partisan. That's my party affiliation.

When there is a public record, it helps determine who the chronic fibbers are.
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-22-2013 05:07 PM
    Bush wasn't impeached... why should Obama be?
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-25-2013 03:43 PM
    Bush wasn't impeached... why should Obama be?
    Should he have been? If he wasn't and it's because we made a mistake, then Obama should be. I think it's fair to lump them in together on this... Both or none!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-25-2013 04:34 PM
    02-25-2013 05:43 PM
    Should he have been? If he wasn't and it's because we made a mistake, then Obama should be. I think it's fair to lump them in together on this... Both or none!
    You know better than to make such a reckless statement. Or were you just tossing out some fresh chum?
    Aquila likes this.
    02-25-2013 09:29 PM
    You know better than to make such a reckless statement. Or were you just tossing out some fresh chum?
    I really think both are equally as guilty of the primary things that I would consider impeachable. By my understanding of why either would or would not be appropriately impeached by Congress, if we can say one should have then I think we should agree both should... but again, that's based on my opinion of why I would consider them impeachable, clearly not what the majority of Congress uses as a criteria. If we agree that either one should not have been, then I would agree both should not be.
    02-25-2013 09:31 PM
    Here are the easy answers that every true conservative will give: (as a matter of policy, not necessarily personal morality)

Gay marriage: Yep, don't give a hoot. Legal.
    Marijuana: Yep, don't give a hoot. Legal.
    Guns: Play safe. Don't hurt anyone.
    Abortion: Yep, don't give a hoot. Legal. Have a doctor do it.
    Taxes: Keep them fair, make sure we cover all of our bills
    Wars: Only as a last resort
    Energy: What's the most efficient long term solution? Do that.
    Education: Needs to be the best in the world
    Healthcare: Needs to be the best in the world; death to insurance companies
    Most other things: If it doesn't hurt anyone, yep, don't give a hoot. Legal.

I believe the government shouldn't give a hoot about anything that isn't mandated by the Constitution to be in their purview. I think the most efficient way of doing what the people agree to is far better than a bloated solution that backs only the most wealthy. I believe mythology should be excluded from politics and that we should make decisions rooted in logic, not directly oppose science. I hate democrats and republicans because they're both so false in purpose and openly delusional that it is clear they've never represented 'we the people' a day in their lives.

"Liberty" and "Freedom and Justice for All" weren't meant to be buzzwords or catch phrases. Real conservationism is about governance and optimization. Getting the most benefit for mankind as possible with the least amount of intrusion. I think most American's are conservative, they're just not lunatic wingers. With information, most American's would oppose drones, NDAA, PATRIOT, etc, etc.

As you can see, neither Bush nor Obama fit my definition of conservative. I believe them both to be representatives of the incorporated lunatic fringe.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree I didn't articulate that very well and hopefully there are no sharks circling. To be fair, this thread seems dead lately anyways. Thanks for keeping me honest!
    02-25-2013 09:35 PM
    Obama has blood on his hands in Bengazi and a personal hit squad of killer drones. He seems to also have a"Star Chamber" in place.
    Someplace in here he is culpable and history will cream him, for now the libs have given him a pass as is tradition.
    02-27-2013 07:38 AM
    02-27-2013 04:05 PM
    lol, you just cited Rush Limbaugh. This is not news, this is a silly blog quoting a silly fat man who's job is to make money off of feeding fear to the stupid people. Rush is exactly the same as everyone on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc, etc. who are all the same as The Onion. They propagate lies for profit at the expense of knowledge.
    msndrstood and rexxman like this.
    02-27-2013 04:31 PM
    Guys, you've gotta turn off fox news, msnbc, etc, etc...
    Right, because CNN is so much better...what a joke!

According to this article it was the Obama ran white house that first pushed for the sequester. Now that it has a chance of actually happening he is shifting blame.

"But Boehner reminded Obama that the automatic cut idea was originally proffered by the White House during the debt-ceiling talks of 2011. He said Congress "reluctantly accepted the president's demand" and claimed it's now up to Obama to find the escape hatch."

Read more: Boehner to Obama: You created spending cut crisis, you fix it | Fox News

I think the responsibility needs to be accepted for this and everyone should work to resolve this issue together. But the president needs to stop blaming republicans for everything.
    But obama never lies...or so the liberals would jave us believe.

And the liberals don't lie? Please! If you believe that, then please share some of what you're smoking in your bong, because I'd like some of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-27-2013 05:05 PM
1,900 ... 2526272829 ...